Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing in front of student sections

Featured Replies

No. I think that the home and away teams switch benches

 

To be clear, you think they should switch benches rather than switch ends at half time?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well just play all games on a neutral court and make students watch from home...

We should also make the home team in baseball hit in the top of the inning so they don’t have an advantage over the poor visiting team.

  • Author
To be clear, you think they should switch benches rather than switch ends at half time?

 

No. at the start of each game, have the home team sit down by the student section and the visiting team on the other end, visiting team uses the home teams goal and home team uses visiting teams goal in the first half, then switch goals in the second half

I’m so confused.

No. at the start of each game, have the home team sit down by the student section and the visiting team on the other end, visiting team uses the home teams goal and home team uses visiting teams goal in the first half, then switch goals in the second half

 

So you're okay with them playing on a basket in front of the student section, but not in the second half?

  • Author
So you're okay with them playing on a basket in front of the student section, but not in the second half?

 

First half, yes. Second half no. If the game goes down to the wire and the visiting team is shooting FT's or whatever it maybe. Can make an influence/impact on the visiting team, giving the home team an advantage

First half, yes. Second half no. If the game goes down to the wire and the visiting team is shooting FT's or whatever it maybe. Can make an influence/impact on the visiting team, giving the home team an advantage

 

That’s the whole point of “Home Court Advantage”.

First half, yes. Second half no. If the game goes down to the wire and the visiting team is shooting FT's or whatever it maybe. Can make an influence/impact on the visiting team, giving the home team an advantage

 

Why is that a bad thing?

When I saw this thread. I thought it was going to be about UK needing to have more students down and around the floor. To make it more of a home court advantage. Because besides for it being a big gym, it's really not even probably in the top 25 when it comes to how tough of an environment it is.

Not even close. The upper arena is definitely louder, but the last game I was at and sat in the lower arena I almost witnessed a fight between a lady yelling at someone for standing up during a big moment in the game. That's what Rupp has become and it won't change until they renovate and put in box suites to move the older, wealthy crowds out of the lower arena.

I think I’ve got this figured out, at least in the 9th region, this is a Cov Cath student section thread! Although in their small gym would it really matter?

Not even close. The upper arena is definitely louder, but the last game I was at and sat in the lower arena I almost witnessed a fight between a lady yelling at someone for standing up during a big moment in the game. That's what Rupp has become and it won't change until they renovate and put in box suites to move the older, wealthy crowds out of the lower arena.

 

Exactly! When I was a student at UK I always complained how it really wasn't a intimidating environment. I think a lot of the times the students even fall into that just watching complex because of the rest of the crowd just sitting being quiet.

 

They need to build an on campus arena with box suites. Put students around 3/4ths of the floor. Imagine how loud and fun the place could be with students all by the floor and still 24000 people at the game overall. UK should be the loudest and toughest place to play because of always having the most attendance. It's sad that it's not even close to one of the toughest though.

Exactly! When I was a student at UK I always complained how it really wasn't a intimidating environment. I think a lot of the times the students even fall into that just watching complex because of the rest of the crowd just sitting being quiet.

 

They need to build an on campus arena with box suites. Put students around 3/4ths of the floor. Imagine how loud and fun the place could be with students all by the floor and still 24000 people at the game overall. UK should be the loudest and toughest place to play because of always having the most attendance. It's sad that it's not even close to one of the toughest though.

100%. It’s really odd though because whether they are the most obnoxious fans in their respective sports or not, both OSU football and UK basketball have the same exact problem. The environment in the lower levels of the horseshoe is exactly the same. I’ve been to 4 games over the past 2 years and got asked to sit down at least 3-4 times every game. It’s a shame. I’d rather have no seat and stand up the entire game then have some annoying lady behind me tell me to sit down. If I’m paying this kind of money to come to a game I want it to be the craziest atmosphere every single game. I want to have an experience I can’t have sitting on my couch. I don’t know what the solution for the Horseshoe is, but I love your idea for an on campus arena with boxes to solve Rupps atmosphere problem.

I think all games should end in a tie, that way we don't hurt anyone's feelings. That way you can cheer for both teams.:clap:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.