Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing in front of student sections

Featured Replies

Still can’t figure out if this is a serious thread?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do what? I’m a bit confused by this entire thread wondering if it’s serious or a joke?

This is hilarious.

2nd half games I've seen had the visiting teams shooting in the goal in front of the home teams student sections

 

Which goal did they shoot at during the other half of the game?

I'd argue Kentucky does it wrong at Rupp. The visitors shoot in front of the students in the first half. I think I think it would be more effective to force them to shoot in front of the students in the second half.

 

I've said that since that put the "Erupption Zone" in there.

  • Author
Which goal did they shoot at during the other half of the game?

 

Goal that's on the home teams side

I'd argue Kentucky does it wrong at Rupp. The visitors shoot in front of the students in the first half. I think I think it would be more effective to force them to shoot in front of the students in the second half.

 

This has been brought up before on KSR and I thought they said there was an SEC rule against student section being next to the visitors bench...or something like that.

 

I agree, I always thought it should have been flipped as well.

Is it 4/1/18 somewhere in the world already? I LOVE the fact that arenas set it up for the visitors to have to face the home students in the 2nd half. It is called, wait for it, home court advantage.

Goal that's on the home teams side

 

So each team spent equal time in front of or away from the student section, correct? Help me out a little as I'm having a hard time figuring out what the issue is.

When I saw this thread. I thought it was going to be about UK needing to have more students down and around the floor. To make it more of a home court advantage. Because besides for it being a big gym, it's really not even probably in the top 25 when it comes to how tough of an environment it is.

  • Author
So each team spent equal time in front of or away from the student section, correct? Help me out a little as I'm having a hard time figuring out what the issue is.

 

Each team will start on the opposite goals of their bench until halftime. 2nf half, they us the goals on their sides of the court meaning that the visiting teams goal is in front of the home teams student sections

Each team will start on the opposite goals of their bench until halftime. 2nf half, they us the goals on their sides of the court meaning that the visiting teams goal is in front of the home teams student sections

 

Do you really have a problem with this?

They should also ban the bands and probably cheerleaders too

Each team will start on the opposite goals of their bench until halftime. 2nf half, they us the goals on their sides of the court meaning that the visiting teams goal is in front of the home teams student sections

 

So I suppose the only solution is to move the students, band, etc as far away from the court as possible?

 

May as well get rid of any fan of the home team as well at that point. We wouldn't want the home team having any sort of advantage.. I feel like we're all on that TV show "pranked" hah, at least I hope so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.