Playing in front of student sections

All State Baseball

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue Kentucky does it wrong at Rupp. The visitors shoot in front of the students in the first half. I think I think it would be more effective to force them to shoot in front of the students in the second half.

I've said that since that put the "Erupption Zone" in there.

I'd argue Kentucky does it wrong at Rupp. The visitors shoot in front of the students in the first half. I think I think it would be more effective to force them to shoot in front of the students in the second half.

This has been brought up before on KSR and I thought they said there was an SEC rule against student section being next to the visitors bench...or something like that.

I agree, I always thought it should have been flipped as well.

When I saw this thread. I thought it was going to be about UK needing to have more students down and around the floor. To make it more of a home court advantage. Because besides for it being a big gym, it's really not even probably in the top 25 when it comes to how tough of an environment it is.

So each team spent equal time in front of or away from the student section, correct? Help me out a little as I'm having a hard time figuring out what the issue is.

Each team will start on the opposite goals of their bench until halftime. 2nf half, they us the goals on their sides of the court meaning that the visiting teams goal is in front of the home teams student sections

Each team will start on the opposite goals of their bench until halftime. 2nf half, they us the goals on their sides of the court meaning that the visiting teams goal is in front of the home teams student sections

So I suppose the only solution is to move the students, band, etc as far away from the court as possible?

May as well get rid of any fan of the home team as well at that point. We wouldn't want the home team having any sort of advantage.. I feel like we're all on that TV show "pranked" hah, at least I hope so.