St. Xavier Hires Kevin Wallace As Head Football Coach

Wow. This is a sad day for Purple Nation. Best coach I ever had the pleasure to play for. St. X family I sure hope you all are excited and appreciate that man. He is fantastic. I wish both Coach Wallace and the Tigers the best as they move forward. Congratulations to a great coach and mentor.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what kind of staff he puts together. Does he bring assistants from BG or does he retain X coaches? I’m sure he has connections in Louisville but getting a staff together for an out-of-town HC might be difficult. Especially if STX requires assistant to be teachers.

Today has been a crazy day. Most importantly, it is a day that has reminded me of the things in life that truly matter. My dear friend, Purple 88, lost his dad today. I hurt because I know he is hurting.

However, one of the joys the Lord gives us in life are our hobbies. Bowling Green Purple football is a true hobby for Purple 88 and myself. We live a few hours apart but gather together on many Friday nights each Fall.

Coach Kevin Wallace is a perfect fit for St. X - don't get me wrong, I wish he was still a Purple but he will knock it out of the Park at St. X

How many public schools in Kentucky can compete and often even beat a private, like St. X? How many public high schools in America has done what Bowling Green has done the past decade? Their record and their rings will give you an answer to that question.

This list is really the only things you will need to know about Coach Wallace:

1 He will be the players biggest fans. He will encourage them in the classroom as well as on the field. He will do everything in his power to get them to be playing on Saturdays at the next level. He is connected to several D-1 schools in multiple conferences.

2 He will represent the program at the highest of levels. He will develop radio and TV personalities in a super positive way. He will rub elbows with the boosters but will assist the janitors.

3 His staff that he will put together will be remarkable. They too will represent the program the way X fans would expect. His practices are crisp and will always serve the purpose of making team better. They may or may not go undefeated every year but they will always compete and play to the whistle.

4. The team will quickly find out that though he is stern and expects a lot, he will love and nurture even more. If you are a parent of a player, you hit the jackpot. You want your kid around this guy.

5. He hates to lose. He holds a grudge (only on Friday nights). He is a competitor. He has a mind that can remember every look that a defense will give him. His teams will ALWAYS out perform the other team in the second half. He will adjust better than most coaches you will ever see at halftime.

I could go on. I think you get the point I am trying to make. He is a great coach. For anyone out there that wanted a "National Coach." You just got one. He just happened to be 2 hours down I-65.

If St X has the facilities (they do), the parent support (they do), the boosters backing (they do), strong students that get it done in the classroom (they do), and most importantly the offensive line size and overall team speed (they do), then you just found you a great coach that will make a really good team even better.

Looking forward to seeing the next few years. X fans, you done good - congrats!

Is he a teacher? Will he teach at X or is he in a non-teaching role?

He retired from teaching in 2016 and has been an Administrative Assistant the last year or so at BG. If he teaches at X it’ll probably one class at the most. I’m sure X will give him some type of title that will keep him busy on campus during the school day.

Today has been a crazy day. Most importantly, it is a day that has reminded me of the things in life that truly matter. My dear friend, Purple 88, lost his dad today. I hurt because I know he is hurting.

However, one of the joys the Lord gives us in life are our hobbies. Bowling Green Purple football is a true hobby for Purple 88 and myself. We live a few hours apart but gather together on many Friday nights each Fall.

Coach Kevin Wallace is a perfect fit for St. X - don't get me wrong, I wish he was still a Purple but he will knock it out of the Park at St. X

How many public schools in Kentucky can compete and often even beat a private, like St. X? How many public high schools in America has done what Bowling Green has done the past decade? Their record and their rings will give you an answer to that question.

This list is really the only things you will need to know about Coach Wallace:

1 He will be the players biggest fans. He will encourage them in the classroom as well as on the field. He will do everything in his power to get them to be playing on Saturdays at the next level. He is connected to several D-1 schools in multiple conferences.

2 He will represent the program at the highest of levels. He will develop radio and TV personalities in a super positive way. He will rub elbows with the boosters but will assist the janitors.

3 His staff that he will put together will be remarkable. They too will represent the program the way X fans would expect. His practices are crisp and will always serve the purpose of making team better. They may or may not go undefeated every year but they will always compete and play to the whistle.

4. The team will quickly find out that though he is stern and expects a lot, he will love and nurture even more. If you are a parent of a player, you hit the jackpot. You want your kid around this guy.

5. He hates to lose. He holds a grudge (only on Friday nights). He is a competitor. He has a mind that can remember every look that a defense will give him. His teams will ALWAYS out perform the other team in the second half. He will adjust better than most coaches you will ever see at halftime.

I could go on. I think you get the point I am trying to make. He is a great coach. For anyone out there that wanted a "National Coach." You just got one. He just happened to be 2 hours down I-65.

If St X has the facilities (they do), the parent support (they do), the boosters backing (they do), strong students that get it done in the classroom (they do), and most importantly the offensive line size and overall team speed (they do), then you just found you a great coach that will make a really good team even better.

Looking forward to seeing the next few years. X fans, you done good - congrats!

Thx for this info. Glad to hear since my son playing. I was always impressed with BG when they played X. Bowling Green will continue to win because of the program status Coach Wallace has built.