St. Xavier Hires Kevin Wallace As Head Football Coach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one that wanted to gauge X's future successes against Trinity on Coach Wallace's "success" against them. Just offering perspective.

And in the '10 game Trinity's started their regular QB who was ill and was unable to play through it, though he tried valiantly. Trinity's #2 was at home also ill, so when #1 came out #3 went in and played the rest of the game, getting the win.

I stand corrected...Wright started the game and then came out.

Why not think he can have success against T? He has shown his teams can play toe to toe with them, so no reason not to think he can’t do the same.

Congratulations, Xavierians! I am excited about this hire! I'm really looking forward to epic battles again, and for that rivalry excitement to return. It's been far too long. This is good for us too! Kids want to be a part of something great. And it looks like this could be a matter of returning to 2 GREAT traditions. Looking forward to the Coach Wallace Era! See 'ya at PJCS!

One can only aspire to be allowed on the same field as the might T program.

I am very happy you understand. Kidding aside, I expect Coach Wallace to have more success against Trinity than the other coaches have had in the past few years. Trinity has held the top spot in big school football for 50 years. I don’t expect that to change. Coach Wallace played has played Trinity close during his time at BG. I look for that to continue.

I stand corrected...Wright started the game and then came out.

Why not think he can have success against T? He has shown his teams can play toe to toe with them, so no reason not to think he can’t do the same.

I think the games will definitely be more interesting and more competitive. I said before I think it's a good hire, and I'm kind of surprised that X went outside their house for the hire.

Blockbuster hire....

I am sure there are many people in Fort Thomas saying "wait... he was available????"

Thought never crossed my mind. Doubt if it did anyone else's either. Fact of the matter is he wasn't available, not under the conditions HHS would be able to offer. It's a dream set up for him at X and he's certainly earned it.

How long, realistically, can coach Wallace lead X? Taking over a program like that at age 57 is no small task.

Good question, I would think five to eight years. Collecting a full pension to go along with the salary he'll collect will give him the opportunity go salt away a nice little nest egg in that time.

How long, realistically, can coach Wallace lead X? Taking over a program like that at age 57 is no small task.

How old is Haywood (Belfry coach)?

How old was Bob Schneider when he retired at Newport Catholic?

If things go well and Wallace enjoys the job, I don't see why he wouldn't be there at least 10 years.