St. Xavier Hires Kevin Wallace As Head Football Coach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything PurpleNation said in Post 23 is true.

As a Purples fan till the end, I am saddened by this news as I'd selfishly like for him to stay on. But that is unwise as to the infinite surge of football relevance he has brought to the Purples Program with his time at the helm. It is no secret that BG has talent, but so do alot of places that don't win. What would you think of BG as a program if they went 8 and 4 every year he was there and got taken out early in the playoffs? You wouldn't consider them an upper echelon program - that is for sure. Without Wallace at BG, BG has 1 title. With Wallace, 6. enough said.

I am very happy for Coach to be able to move to a place I respect as much as X. Since I live in Louisville, I hope to take in more X games. It will be very weird to see Coach Wallace on the other side of the field in September. I know it will be weird for him too. I'm sure I'll become an X fan, except when they play BG.

As for the Big Game, it will become more competitive IMO. It will also put a premium on skill players as both teams lines are usually the best in the state. Looking forward to it...

Best of Luck Coach Wallace ... And Thank You!