Johnson Central 2000 vs. Johnson Central 2006

Eagle'01

The 2000 team would hang tough with the current team for the first half and maybe through three quarters. After that, fatigue would set in and the 2006 team would pull away for the win. The 2000 team had a punishing ground attack, but the nods for depth, special teams play, and passing defense all go to the current team. The 2000 team went undefeated despite consistently giving up good field position to every team it played.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2000 team played a much tougher schedule in Class 4A but narrowly won most of its games while the 2006 team has played a softer schedule but has blown out everyone it has played.

Have any changes been made to JC's upcoming schedules to strengthen them, based on their recent success? Just curious.

It seems this would benifit JC in more ways than one. Honestly their schedule this season seems pretty soft, but that's not necessarily their fault, most schedules are made a few years in advance. However if it continues in the future it would be a shame, IMO. Play the usual powers every year, not just when your good. In that scenario you don't have the problem they do this year.

Next season JC will be playing Bryan Station, Montgomery County, Woodford County and Ashland in the district. So that leaves 6 games to fill. More than likely the apple bowl will be played agains Paintsville... so that leaves 5 open dates. Hopefully JC can schedule the remainder of games against Kentucky teams.

I personally would like to see JC play Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Rockcastle County, Bell County, Russell or anybody that wants to play. But for some reason, getting teams to play JC has been difficult now that they are winning games.

Jeremy Murray, Jeremy Perry, T.J. Music, Adam Collins, Paul Webb, Derrick Sublett, Marc Shepherd, Josh Music all were good players. But Casey and Scott IMO was the team on both sides of the ball.

Webb signed with UK (only Johnson Central player to ever do so) and Sublett with Morehead, so those must have been two pretty good players in the eyes of someone.

Salyers I think did sign with Campbellsville and I dont think that Music went anywhere, so I think that they were slightly better than a two man team.

Webb signed with UK (only Johnson Central player to ever do so) and Sublett with Morehead, so those must have been two pretty good players in the eyes of someone.

Salyers I think did sign with Campbellsville and I dont think that Music went anywhere, so I think that they were slightly better than a two man team.

Webb signed with UK, but never played. Sublett was a good player, his knees just didn't allow him to play 100%, Salyers did go to C-Ville and played for 2 years, I think. FWIW, any team that goes 10-0, is more than a 2 man team.

But for some reason, getting teams to play JC has been difficult now that they are winning games.

This may be true, but for some reason I don't buy it. How come teams like Ashland, Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, etc. don't have a hard time finding good teams to play?

Webb signed with UK, but never played. Sublett was a good player, his knees just didn't allow him to play 100%, Salyers did go to C-Ville and played for 2 years, I think. FWIW, any team that goes 10-0, is more than a 2 man team.

Webb was greyshirted at UK under Morris. He never played because of academic issues, but regardless he was still good enough to be courted and signed by UK.

Your right , the whole point I was trying to make is that you cannot have the success that the 2000 team had while playing a 4A schedule and have "only two players." That's ridiculous.

I think top to bottom the starting 11 in 2000 may have been better athletes. Bi strong backs and a great line. This years team is not hardly that good, but it is much deeper. the 2006 team has 6 or 7 backs to use that are all pretty close. I think that this team is more hardnosed than the 2000 team.

As for the question, who would win in a head to head match-up. I like the 2006 team. This determination is based soley on the system that is run. Bill Musicks offense was a rather simple 3 to4 yards in a cloud of dust. If you get behind your in trouble. Coach Matney's system is a better offense.

The 2006 team has much more speed and depth... but, in "hit ya in the mouth" toughness I believe the 2000 team possesed much more of that than this years team.

Although I still think this years team would come away with the victory.

2006 Eagles - 35

2000 Eagles - 21