Cov Cath Soph. Michael Mayer Has His First College Offer

247sports.com ranking ...

Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic, Tight End

Ranked #226 in nation (#5 TE); #2 recruit in KY.

Vito Tisdale, S, Bowling Green is currently ranked #1 in KY.

The cream of that 2020 class in Kentucky is special. Tisdale and Mayer should both be in the conversation for best at their respective positions nationally and have their pick of any college destination they want.

Mayer is going to be a match-up nightmare for every opponent CovCath sees the next two years.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Badgers have offered.

Alabama

Arkansas

Cincinnati

Kentucky

Louisiana State

Louisville

Miami (OH)

Michigan

Minnesota

Nebraska

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Penn State

Purdue

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

Wisconsin

Personal opinion, but of the programs that have offered to him, I think Wisconsin and Notre Dame are the two most ideal fits for Michael right now.

Personal opinion, but of the programs that have offered to him, I think Wisconsin and Notre Dame are the two most ideal fits for Michael right now.

I would put Penn St. right up there in the mix as a great home for a TE.

Absolutely. Typically the #1 receiver in their system year in and year out. Huge, huge roll in run blocking for their ever potent run game. Besides that, For some reason TE’s are always fan favorites in Madison too.

I don't follow Wisconsin football at all and was not aware they used the tight end that that much. Any time I have watched them it seemed like they were very run focused. Any of their tight ends playing in the NFL?

I don't follow Wisconsin football at all and was not aware they used the tight end that that much. Any time I have watched them it seemed like they were very run focused. Any of their tight ends playing in the NFL?

3 in the NFL now. Yeah, run heavy but when they pass, TE is usually the first option.

UC has several in the NFL.

Interesting....other than Travis Kelce, what other UC TE is currently on a NFL team. I know they had one drafted 4 or 5 years ago but I don’t think he’s in the league any more. That’s impressive if they have several TE’s in the NFL.

Interesting....other than Travis Kelce, what other UC TE is currently on a NFL team. I know they had one drafted 4 or 5 years ago but I don’t think he’s in the league any more. That’s impressive if they have several TE’s in the NFL.

Kelce KC

Celek Eagles last year

Annen Bills

Barwin played TE now LB for the Rams last year.