Cov Cath Soph. Michael Mayer Has His First College Offer

I should know this, but i don’t...who from CovCath went to USC?!

Also, Stanford had heavy interest in Paul Hladon until Jack Elway left, which led to his decision to attend Princeton (maybe another Ivy League school?).

No one from Cov Cath has played at USC. There are a couple-few guys from the state of Kentucky who have gone there for football, but none from Cov Cath.

And Paul Hladon did go to Princeton. Cov Cath has actually had a small handful of guys play significant roles on Ivy League football teams, including Hunter Ziegelmeyer who is currently playing for Dartmouth.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should know this, but i don’t...who from CovCath went to USC?!

Also, Stanford had heavy interest in Paul Hladon until Jack Elway left, which led to his decision to attend Princeton (maybe another Ivy League school?).

Sorry. I meant Kentucky kids in general.

Michael announced today that University of Nebraska has offered him.

I may be a little old school and/or do not understand the current customs regarding recruiting, but why would a kid "announce" that he has received an "offer" from a particular school? Wouldn't that be only his and his family's business?

Edited by Runcible Owl
Repaired broken quote.

No one from Cov Cath has played at USC. There are a couple-few guys from the state of Kentucky who have gone there for football, but none from Cov Cath.

And Paul Hladon did go to Princeton. Cov Cath has actually had a small handful of guys play significant roles on Ivy League football teams, including Hunter Ziegelmeyer who is currently playing for Dartmouth.

Brian Williams, Scott Spivey and Michael Hild are the Ivy Leaguers I recall from CovCath. Maybe a Wilson (not David/Miami). Fine players all of them.

I remember Kurt Barber from Paducah who went to USC and played at least one season with the Jets. Unbelievable player ...

I may be a little old school and/or do not understand the current customs regarding recruiting, but why would a kid "announce" that he has received an "offer" from a particular school? Wouldn't that be only his and his family's business?

Most definitely a different evolving day and age my friend. If you don’t have Twitter, check it out and check out just where we’re at with all that.

I know some people get annoyed by it, but I say let the kids have their glory. Be proud of what you’ve done.

Is Mayer making announcements or is it just being reported in the media and on the recruiting websites? Today it is all out there in the public purview, especially on a high level recruit like this.

Is Mayer making announcements or is it just being reported in the media and on the recruiting websites? Today it is all out there in the public purview, especially on a high level recruit like this.

I know today, Mr Mayer announced on his twitter feed the Ohio State offer. Not sure about the rest. He had an unofficial visit today.

I know today, Mr Mayer announced on his twitter feed the Ohio State offer. Not sure about the rest. He had an unofficial visit today.

Thanks for the info.

On a high level recruit like Mayer, it is all coming out sooner rather than later so no big deal to me who announces it.

They did offer. OSU has the best TE they’ve ever recruited coming in this August. I’m hoping Mayer comes back in the summer to get to know him.

In this day and age of social media, all kids do this. A lot of them network with other recruits as well. Some of these schools he’s getting offers from, don’t just hand them out. You have to earn it.

They also have the kid from Moeller(Baumann? )who was an All-American.

Hausmann, he’s gonna battle Ruckert the freshman for playing time. Until Kevin Wikson came in OSU didn’t do a lot with the TE’s. Now they have some elite talent. Perfect timing to get Mayer’s attention I hope.

Brian Williams, Scott Spivey and Michael Hild are the Ivy Leaguers I recall from CovCath. Maybe a Wilson (not David/Miami). Fine players all of them.

I remember Kurt Barber from Paducah who went to USC and played at least one season with the Jets. Unbelievable player ...

Mike Wilson, David’s older brother, started on 1st state team and went to Princeton

Hausmann will still be behind Berry and Farrell (who switched sides of the ball a year ago and pushed Jake further down the depth chart). The Ruckert kid that is coming in will push Jake on the depth chart for the 3rd spot but I still see him getting red shirted. Ruckert is rated just slightly better than Hausmann was when he left Moeller. As for Mayer I would appreciate the offer from the Buckeyes but IMO they still don't utilize the TE hardly at all frankly (just 36 completions all year) and Penn St. and ND are much better options for his skillset and usage but wherever he feels comfortable is all that matters as he will get a great education and connections after football if in fact he's not playing on Sundays.