Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 10th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

Guys quit beating around the bush its confusing. They have a transfer from Mason Co,Bracken Co and 1 from out of the country. 3 total.

 

Interesting.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon’s family moved from Maysville to Mt. Olivet over the summer, for what reason I don’t know, I have family thats been trying to move out of Mt. Olivet for 3+ years now. Dice transferred because his mom was no longer employed by BC so she moved him schools, and then of course the kid from the Virgin Islands moved in with Marvin Stewart and his wife.

 

I had no clue about Dice or Dixon until it was mentioned on here.

...and will be interesting to see how much they use homegrown 8th grader, Justin Becker. Whether it be this season or future seasons, this young man is going to make A LOT of noise.

 

from everybody I've talked to, that kid is legit!

My argument for Eric Johnson being 10th Region Player of the year is this:

Last year against Bracken County in the All 'A' I saw him completely take over the game, he is the only player I saw completely dominate us last year.

 

Here are his stats from last year in the All 'A' Championship:

-29 Points

-9/12 (75%) from the floor

-4/5 (80%) from three

-7/7 (100%) from the line

-Held Austin Crawford to 13 points, and 23% shooting.

 

Not only do I think he is the best player in the region, he is by far and away the best defensive player in the region. He is a very versatile defender. Also a football player billed at 5'10 160, he passes the eye test on strength and quickness.

 

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

 

Unfortunately, Ohmer got the last laugh there in the region championship game.

  • Author
Interesting.

 

Some folks will always raise eyebrows when there are multiple transfers in a year. It's commonplace at some schools, probably much more unusual at a school the size of Robertson County.

Some folks will always raise eyebrows when there are multiple transfers in a year. It's commonplace at some schools, probably much more unusual at a school the size of Robertson County.

 

Having a couple middle of the road kids who played limited minutes transfer in is different than having your rival's best player and the leading returning scorer from a school where your coach was at prior.

Some folks will always raise eyebrows when there are multiple transfers in a year. It's commonplace at some schools, probably much more unusual at a school the size of Robertson County.

 

Having a couple middle of the road kids who played limited minutes transfer in is different than having your rival's best player and the leading returning scorer from a school where your coach was at prior.

 

:lol2: I love you guys. Just having some fun this morning.

:lol2: I love you guys. Just having some fun this morning.

 

same here... I'm excited about watching GRC this year. Heck, I'm just ready for HS Basketball to start!

Unfortunately, Ohmer got the last laugh there in the region championship game.

 

True but LeBron James couldn't have guarded ohmer in that game. He was a man on a mission.

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

Agree with that. Two are great defensive players.

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

 

He had 16 points and shot 55% from the field

He had 16 points and shot 55% from the field

 

Not while Clos was guarding him. He only gave up 8 points to ohmer. However others guarded him while Clos was out.

Just throwing my two cents in, but for what it's worth, Robertson County looked pretty good against Bourbon County on Saturday ... they will certainly be a team that shouldn't be overlooked by any means as the season goes along.:walk:

I heard Robertson County looked great in beating Bourbon County by 20 on Saturday. Robertson plays at Fleming Co on Tuesday vs Louisville Collegiate at 6 PM. Supposedly Louisville Collegiate has a group of sophomore transfers that are supposed to be good. Odd to see them go all the way to Fleming Co for a scrimmage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.