BluegrassPreps.com 10th Region Boys Basketball Preview

mcpapa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon’s family moved from Maysville to Mt. Olivet over the summer, for what reason I don’t know, I have family thats been trying to move out of Mt. Olivet for 3+ years now. Dice transferred because his mom was no longer employed by BC so she moved him schools, and then of course the kid from the Virgin Islands moved in with Marvin Stewart and his wife.

I had no clue about Dice or Dixon until it was mentioned on here.

My argument for Eric Johnson being 10th Region Player of the year is this:

Last year against Bracken County in the All 'A' I saw him completely take over the game, he is the only player I saw completely dominate us last year.

Here are his stats from last year in the All 'A' Championship:

-29 Points

-9/12 (75%) from the floor

-4/5 (80%) from three

-7/7 (100%) from the line

-Held Austin Crawford to 13 points, and 23% shooting.

Not only do I think he is the best player in the region, he is by far and away the best defensive player in the region. He is a very versatile defender. Also a football player billed at 5'10 160, he passes the eye test on strength and quickness.

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

I would have to say that Clos would give him a run for his money when it comes to defensive player in the region. He held ohmer to 8 points in the district championship game last season.

Unfortunately, Ohmer got the last laugh there in the region championship game.

Some folks will always raise eyebrows when there are multiple transfers in a year. It's commonplace at some schools, probably much more unusual at a school the size of Robertson County.

Having a couple middle of the road kids who played limited minutes transfer in is different than having your rival's best player and the leading returning scorer from a school where your coach was at prior.

Some folks will always raise eyebrows when there are multiple transfers in a year. It's commonplace at some schools, probably much more unusual at a school the size of Robertson County.

Having a couple middle of the road kids who played limited minutes transfer in is different than having your rival's best player and the leading returning scorer from a school where your coach was at prior.

:lol2: I love you guys. Just having some fun this morning.

I heard Robertson County looked great in beating Bourbon County by 20 on Saturday. Robertson plays at Fleming Co on Tuesday vs Louisville Collegiate at 6 PM. Supposedly Louisville Collegiate has a group of sophomore transfers that are supposed to be good. Odd to see them go all the way to Fleming Co for a scrimmage.