Sling TV Users

HammerTime

You can get

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, MY9, & PBS

for free thru USTV now.

Just go to TV Guide - North American TV Shows, Movie and Series - USTVnow and sign up for a free account.

It was originally meant for US military personnel and US citizens overseas, but it is available for everyone.

They also have upgrades to more channels. I think it's $19 for the 28 channel package.

They are not your local stations, they are based out of Harrisburg, PA.

Not a bad option. My main goal here is something that have the core 8-10 channels I need.

It is possible to do illegal things with a firestick, but they are not illegal. There are tons of legal stream sources.

Also, if you set them up properly and have good internet, they are very reliable.

I'm taking about the illegal streams. I know the firestick is legal, should have worded it better.

Kit Walsh from The EFF says Kodi says, its software is not the problem. If you download copyrighted material, like the new movie Wonder Woman, you're in trouble. If you "stream" the material; you *might* be in trouble. The law clearly states that "reproduction, distribution and performance" of the material is illegal. It's a grey area though, if you're just viewing.

And, Walsh points out, Kodi gives you access to a lot of "legal" content too. So, what does Amazon – the "manufacturer" of the Fire Stick have say about all this? Absolutely nothing

But Reed sums it up best. “The question you've really got to ask yourself if you want to know if it’s legal or not… well are you stealing somebody's stuff? If you are, it's probably illegal,” he says.

So, is it illegal to download Kodi on your Fire Stick?

No, it is not. And that's Verified.

VERIFY | Is it illegal to download Kodi on your Amazon Fire Stick?

Amazon Firebox hardwired, not over wifi. Then subscribe to Sports Donkey and download it to the firebox it’s $50 for 12 months. You get every channel imaginable live, every sporting event live and you they have an on demand section for any sporting event that you may have missed. I won’t post the link because I’m not sure if it is allowed but a quick google search will get you to the sports donkey webpage.

Other good pay for live tv apps that can be downloaded to the firebox are sportsaccess which is a little more pricier but has an easier userface.

I’ve had the firebox/sportsdonkey set up for over a year now without a problem. It’s been amazing. I think I pay $65 a month for spectrum high speed and that’s it. I do suggest the firebox over the fire stick just for the ability to hard wire it to your internet connection and watch everything buffer free.