Becoming A Trucker

Bluto

BTW...want a driving challenge? Drive a box van on any of our many 1 1/2 lane roads with no shoulder with bouncing thoroughbreds in the back and traffic coming the other way. Then get the aforementioned TB's in or out of the truck...it's an exciting job at times.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a broker, I would be happy to talk to you about what to expect in dealing with us. Biggest issue I see with drivers is lack of communication of issues, whether potential or current, and reading BOLs before signing for product. Easily those are the two easiest ways to avoid liability and fees associated with damages, overages, and shortages. A dependable, consistent driver in this market is worth his weight in gold.

Someone told me he recommends to avoid places that want you to lease the truck, the extra amount per mile doesn't compensate for it.

Also, do most truckers sleep in the cab? I would think that would be tough for me being 6 foot 6 inches and have a hard time sleeping with my legs bent, ie I generally sleep with one or both legs straight.

Someone told me he recommends to avoid places that want you to lease the truck, the extra amount per mile doesn't compensate for it.

Also, do most truckers sleep in the cab? I would think that would be tough for me being 6 foot 6 inches and have a hard time sleeping with my legs bent, ie I generally sleep with one or both legs straight.

Most long haul trucks have a sleeper in the back of their cabs. Almost like a small apartment. There is a fridge, microwave, etc. It's almost like a small RV on wheels. I had to do a week trip as part of my training. I am 6'3' and had no issue. I believe it is the size of full bed or just a bit bigger.

I know next to nothing about the trucking industry, although I was a payroll clerk for one back in 1985.

Anyway, everytime I see this thread, I hear James Taylor's "Brother Trucker" in my head.

Roll, roll, roll, Brother Trucker....

• 1 month later...
I take the CDL test on Tuesday, Nov. 7th. Wish me luck.

Good Luck B! No zero, point, zero, for you.

I must say I was surprised by this career turn. Many had high hopes that you would further your political career. The highest office in the land ... ?

Senator Blutarsky.jpg

Good Luck B! No zero, point, zero, for you.

I must say I was surprised by this career turn. Many had high hopes that you would further your political career. The highest office in the land ... ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64498[/ATTACH]

:lol2: :thumb: