Frankfort 42 Grant County 6

Yeah, that kids working stuff never happens at Greenup County, Pulaski County, Bourbon County, Mercer County, Wayne County, Bell County, Caldwell County .... you know, those county schools that have top ten ranked programs; there aren't any farm boys or kids working instead of playing football in those places. Only at Grant County. :wacky:

It's the Grant County mentality, excuses, excuses, and more excuses.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving the district only hurt them even more whether anyone will ever admit that or not. I would much rather play teams that will blow us out rather then play teams we should beat and still loose. Some would say that's pretty idiotic to say but I bet quite a few of these players would agree, all you have to do is listen to them. By leaving the district, no matter what your intentions were, the impression given to the youth is that they were given up on and simply aren't good enough.

To get better, it starts with the the actual youth teams. The biggest problem with the youth programs right now is the parents. Kids can't get better if their parents don't bring them to practice.

It is simply undeniable that the best athletes in GC don't play football. GC will NEVER win without these athletes. It's not about the kids on the current team. I know it's tough to hear since they are only 2 games in to the season. I know you won't understand, but the only thing that matters is getting W's. Most of GC is so ignorant about how the Kentucky Football system even works that they won't notice. The best class for football GC had was the 2013 class with Davis (who transferred to Ryle), Caudill, Dills, Robinson, Haar, etc. there were some legitimate athletes on those teams. You know what they had in common? Most of them played other sports. Very few of the current football team play other sports. Football just isn't a big deal in GC and nothing will ever change that until you get athletes out there. GC can't even recruit inside the school district. They need to get people to WANT to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Nobody wants to get their butts kicked. It's a waste of time. Yeah it sucks for the kids who are there now, but they WANT to be there. They love football. They just aren't on the same level athletically as the other kids in the school and it has always been this way. Look at the classes of basketball and baseball players that have gone through the past 7-8 years and all of the genuinely great athletes on those teams. Those are athletes. Outside of maybe 1-2 guys per class, none of them are athletes.

It's the Grant County mentality, excuses, excuses, and more excuses.

It's the fault of past administrations for their inability to get the big strong, country boys to want to play football. They just don't care. People who don't care, don't need to give excuses.

It is simply undeniable that the best athletes in GC don't play football. GC will NEVER win without these athletes. It's not about the kids on the current team. I know it's tough to hear since they are only 2 games in to the season. I know you won't understand, but the only thing that matters is getting W's. Most of GC is so ignorant about how the Kentucky Football system even works that they won't notice. The best class for football GC had was the 2013 class with Davis (who transferred to Ryle), Caudill, Dills, Robinson, Haar, etc. there were some legitimate athletes on those teams. You know what they had in common? Most of them played other sports. Very few of the current football team play other sports. Football just isn't a big deal in GC and nothing will ever change that until you get athletes out there. GC can't even recruit inside the school district. They need to get people to WANT to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Nobody wants to get their butts kicked. It's a waste of time. Yeah it sucks for the kids who are there now, but they WANT to be there. They love football. They just aren't on the same level athletically as the other kids in the school and it has always been this way. Look at the classes of basketball and baseball players that have gone through the past 7-8 years and all of the genuinely great athletes on those teams. Those are athletes. Outside of maybe 1-2 guys per class, none of them are athletes.

Unfortunately, there is still not enough athletes all around to make much of a difference, it would be better, but still not enough. Team speed kills us and when we have it, we don't have size, vice versa.

About the transfers, numerous kids have moved on to different schools prior to high school because of football. Not gonna name names as it's not my place to say.

Unfortunately, there is still not enough athletes all around to make much of a difference, it would be better, but still not enough. Team speed kills us and when we have it, we don't have size, vice versa.

About the transfers, numerous kids have moved on to different schools prior to high school because of football. Not gonna name names as it's not my place to say.

I think it would make a huge difference in their abilities to compete. It's impossible to compete with the caliber of athletes GC is fielding right now. You are right that GC is going through a dry spell right now across all sports with lack of athletes. But it'll come back and when it does hopefully Dalzell is able to get the fresh crop to play football. I want nothing more than for GC to develop a football culture. I think it helps all sports. I'm a huge believer in not specializing in one single sport and at GC specialization has become the norm and I think the entire sports culture at GC has suffered because of it. When kids choose to specialize it is very rare that they choose football.