Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK gets first basketball commitment in Mike Williams....

Featured Replies

So to be a UK fan you need to want to fire Tubby?

 

There is a difference in fans of Tubby and fans of the University of Kentucky program.

 

I'm more a fan of the latter.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's not to say I don't like Tubby, I don't know him. He may be one of the nicest guys I've never met.

 

But I don't like the way he coaches, the way he recruits, or the direction the UK program is heading during his tenure.

Will we actually use this 7fter?

 

Sure we will have him dunk at Midnight Madness without jumping.

 

Why is it that you can't question Tubby without being a Tubby basher?

Personally I love Tubby. It's only a question.

Not really a glowing article about this recruit...

There is a difference in fans of Tubby and fans of the University of Kentucky program.

 

I'm more a fan of the latter.

I'm both :thumb:

Hey, take a chance on him... As many scholarships as they have to spare, they can use one on a project.

"If you're trying to replace the Polish kid (or) Shagari Alleyne' date=' he's a good guy," [/quote']:lol:

He is 5th team all Washington, DC area but he has a solid upside. I feel better now. :jump:

There is a difference in fans of Tubby and fans of the University of Kentucky program.

 

I'm more a fan of the latter.

 

Yeah and I am both!!! UK has all kinds of open spots on the team now, so there is nothing wrong in bringingin someone who maybe could one day end up being a great player. Every coach in the Nation and just not Tubby bring in players that have the potential to end up being good players. Yeah sometimes they dont pan out, and they haven't lately. But you still got to take a chance on them. So just because we brought in this guy doesn't mean anything for the big players that we are going at and have a good chance at right now.

 

Maybe there is just a difference in people who hate Tubby and fans of the University of Kentucky program...

When you see UK get off the bus then you are impressed with all of the size they have.

 

When you see the size play, you go like this::laugh: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and I am both!!! UK has all kinds of open spots on the team now, so there is nothing wrong in bringingin someone who maybe could one day end up being a great player. Every coach in the Nation and just not Tubby bring in players that have the potential to end up being good players. Yeah sometimes they dont pan out, and they haven't lately. But you still got to take a chance on them. So just because we brought in this guy doesn't mean anything for the big players that we are going at and have a good chance at right now.

 

Maybe there is just a difference in people who hate Tubby and fans of the University of Kentucky program...

 

Not being a fan of him as a coach is entirely different than hating him.

 

I never said, "I hate Tubby Smith". But I will say that he has worn out his welcome. His teams are boorish to watch, he can't recruit like a coach at UK should be able to, and this makes the how many 7-foot projects he has inked at UK. Better yet, how many actually contributed consistently at UK?

 

Give me 6'6-6'10 guys who can get up and down the floor, rebound, and actually make a post move.

 

Give me 6'1-6'6 guys who can shoot the three, handles the ball, and find the open man.

 

Don't give me anymore 7-foot projects (Alleyne, Orbzut, Carter, and now Williams).

 

Don't give me anymore 6-foot something players who can't hit a jump-shot (Rondo, Bradley, Crawford, or any other guard UK has had whose last name isn't Sparks).

 

Don't give me anymore "iPapi's a Tubby-hater" because I criticize his style of play, or because UNC, DUKE, UofL, UConn, Kansas, Illinois, Arizona, etc., all get better recruits than Tubby.

 

I don't hate Tubby, I just think he would be a better coach elsewhere.

  • Author

I have no problem w/people who love the University of Kentucky basketball program and not the coach. I never was a big Rick Pitino fan, but I appreciated what he was able to do for the program. I am not a big football Wildcat fan either, but I don't bash everything Rich Brooks does b/c the team isn't as good as it should be. I am under the opinion that Coach Brooks knows more about the game than I do.

 

I also believe Tubby knows far better than myself or anyone on this site what is best for his program. It is great to be a blue-blooded UK fan and to even live and die w/everything that happens w/in the program, but some of the comments and posts on here are just RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.