Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK gets first basketball commitment in Mike Williams....

Featured Replies

Didn't UNC offer Carter? I seem to remember Coach Williams coming to Gtown.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont even like some of my fellow UK fans anymore. Every college basketball team brings in players like this. Not every single recruit you bring in is going to be a 5 star player, even the great Pitino which some people on here cant get over him still, recruited players who was not ranked that high in high school.

Didn't UNC offer Carter? I seem to remember Coach Williams coming to Gtown.

 

 

I seem to remember that Williams did offer a scholly to Carter.

I can't confirm this, but I have heard that we will have 3 verbals on Midnight Madness, coming from Stewart, Lucas, and Patterson.

 

:eek:

Didn't UNC offer Carter? I seem to remember Coach Williams coming to Gtown.

 

I believe Illinois was close as well.

He's the 2nd coming of Shagari!! :lol: What a joke, thanks Tubby! You would think he would have learned his lesson with Shag and Woo....

Well we have another 7 foot project on board. The big difference with him is he isnt a pencil. If he isnt a statue, but a player who can move, with his size this could really pay off. Hes not a top recruit, but with him hopefully being our 5th most highly rated recruit this is a good commitment for UK.

What is the deal with UK and all these 7 foot players.

I don't know if I am the first to say this in this thread, but anyway.

 

FIRE TUBBY!!!!!

If you say Fire Tubby!To me thats only one half of a quote! Let us know who you would replace him with?

For what it worth, Pittsburgh was looking at him as a possible replacement for their center Aaron Gray.

  • Author

I find it very humorous that some of the people on this site can judge a player that most have never heard of and have never seen. I think I will trust Tubby and some of the coaches from the schools that were recruiting him, Dixon at Pitt, Calhoun at UCONN, Amaker at Michigan. I think these coaches know a lot more than the people on this site and what they want for their teams.

 

I feel sorry for the kid also b/c he hasn't even slipped on a uniform yet and people are bashing him and his play. Let me reiterate, most people if any have never even seen the kid, or seen him play, or even had heard of him prior to the news he had given his verbal. He was told by a recruiting analyst and his HS coach that he would need to dedicate himself to the game and losing weight and he has done that, seems like plenty of up-side to me.

 

People can argue all they want about Tubby and his staff and their recruiting, but this kid has nothing to do w/that at all and we should embrace a kid that WANTS to be a student-athlete at the greatest basketball school in the free-world. We need to support the staff, the program, the players, the recruits and end this garbage of bashing everything that happens, it isn't good or healthy for the program at all.

 

The ones on here bashing will be the same ones cheering and applauding this seasons recruiting class when all the dust settles and UK ends up w/a great class of players.

Come on guys, I'm not trying to be hyper critcial by does this commitment really get you excited?

 

So what qualifies as a great class? Lets assume that UKmustangs information is correct and UK gets commitments from Lucas, Stewart, and Patterson. Is this a great class? Only Patterson is in the top 40 with Lucas at 42. According to Rivals UK isn't listed with anyone in the top 10.

 

I know I don't know a thing about UK recruiting since I have only been following it for 25 years but if UK misses on Patterson they are in big trouble because Hickson is a long shot at best. Basically the entire recruiting season boils down to Patrick Patterson.

I find it very humorous that some of the people on this site can judge a player that most have never heard of and have never seen.

So you have seen him play? Or are you doing the same, but in reverse???

So you have seen him play? Or are you doing the same, but in reverse???

 

Havent seen him play but if "The Neck" can be a 5 star than so can this guy.:lol:

Come on guys, I'm not trying to be hyper critcial by does this commitment really get you excited?

 

So what qualifies as a great class? Lets assume that UKmustangs information is correct and UK gets commitments from Lucas, Stewart, and Patterson. Is this a great class? Only Patterson is in the top 40 with Lucas at 42. According to Rivals UK isn't listed with anyone in the top 10.

 

I know I don't know a thing about UK recruiting since I have only been following it for 25 years but if UK misses on Patterson they are in big trouble because Hickson is a long shot at best. Basically the entire recruiting season boils down to Patrick Patterson.

 

Yes that would be a great class, because those players would fill some of the needs we need for this team...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.