Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK gets first basketball commitment in Mike Williams....

Featured Replies

Not really a glowing article about this recruit...
No, no it is not.

 

"If you're trying to replace the Polish kid (or) Shagari Alleyne, he's a good guy," Clark Francis of the Hoop Scoop recruiting service said of Williams. "He has nice potential. He may pan out. He may not."

 

"He passes the 'look' test," Oettinger said. "He'll look good in an airport. I've never seen him pass the 'play' test."

 

"You don't have to worry about his grades or about him getting in trouble."

 

"I don't think Kentucky brought him in to be a starter."

 

"When you've got four or five scholarships you need to fill, size is a premium this time of year."

The nicest quote on him is that he has good grades. The best recruiting ranking of him is from the guy that thought Adam Williams was The Answer.

 

Honestly, I think this is probably a good recruit for UK.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, no it is not.

 

The nicest quote on him is that he has good grades. The best recruiting ranking of him is from the guy that thought Adam Williams was The Answer.

 

Honestly, I think this is probably a good recruit for UK.

 

Don't forget he is the 24th best player in a 50 mile radius.

Not being a fan of him as a coach is entirely different than hating him.

 

I never said, "I hate Tubby Smith". But I will say that he has worn out his welcome. His teams are boorish to watch, he can't recruit like a coach at UK should be able to, and this makes the how many 7-foot projects he has inked at UK. Better yet, how many actually contributed consistently at UK?

 

Give me 6'6-6'10 guys who can get up and down the floor, rebound, and actually make a post move.

 

Give me 6'1-6'6 guys who can shoot the three, handles the ball, and find the open man.

 

Don't give me anymore 7-foot projects (Alleyne, Orbzut, Carter, and now Williams).

 

Don't give me anymore 6-foot something players who can't hit a jump-shot (Rondo, Bradley, Crawford, or any other guard UK has had whose last name isn't Sparks).

 

Don't give me anymore "iPapi's a Tubby-hater" because I criticize his style of play, or because UNC, DUKE, UofL, UConn, Kansas, Illinois, Arizona, etc., all get better recruits than Tubby.

 

I don't hate Tubby, I just think he would be a better coach elsewhere.

 

 

Can you do better?:confused:

Can you do better?:confused:

 

Are you asking iPapi if he is a better coach than Tubby? If so is that UK's new standard?

Not being a fan of him as a coach is entirely different than hating him.

 

I never said, "I hate Tubby Smith". But I will say that he has worn out his welcome. His teams are boorish to watch, he can't recruit like a coach at UK should be able to, and this makes the how many 7-foot projects he has inked at UK. Better yet, how many actually contributed consistently at UK?

 

Give me 6'6-6'10 guys who can get up and down the floor, rebound, and actually make a post move.

 

Give me 6'1-6'6 guys who can shoot the three, handles the ball, and find the open man.

 

Don't give me anymore 7-foot projects (Alleyne, Orbzut, Carter, and now Williams).

 

Don't give me anymore 6-foot something players who can't hit a jump-shot (Rondo, Bradley, Crawford, or any other guard UK has had whose last name isn't Sparks).

 

Don't give me anymore "iPapi's a Tubby-hater" because I criticize his style of play, or because UNC, DUKE, UofL, UConn, Kansas, Illinois, Arizona, etc., all get better recruits than Tubby.

 

 

 

I don't hate Tubby, I just think he would be a better coach elsewhere.

 

 

I think this will make 4 7 footers he has signed in 9 years now so that is not much at all. Yeah Shag and Woo were terrible they never turned into anything. Carter though seems like he might actually end up being a good player for us, and well we dont know about this guy yet. So if this guy ends up being pretty good that would make him 50% on these 7 foot projects if this guy works out.

 

Tubby's style of play is not as exciting as some teams, but when did UK become known as a fast pace style team. I think Pitino is the only coach who used the real fast pace style, and some people act like that is what UK is known for. When players listen and buy into Tubby's stystem he has shown that it works. A national title in 98, and elite 8 in 99. Then two years in a row of being the top seed in the tournament, and then double overtime loss in a elite 8 the year after those two #1 seed years. So after that double overtime loss I bet you were for Tubby and not so much against him, and now after last year which was a bad year Tubby has now worn out his welcome?

 

Tubby for the most part has done a good job recruiting, I know he did have two bad years with this years senior class in Perry and them, and he had a bad one with the Carter class and well that should never happen. But for the most part he has recruited good here. Its just that these two classes came so close to each other now everyone says he is terrible at it. We had a good class come in this year now with the players you said you would want, and next years class is shaping up to be a good one too so far...

Are you asking iPapi if he is a better coach than Tubby? If so is that UK's new standard?

 

No I just keep hearing what he cant do...(pages and pages) so I'm like just get straight to the point "can you do better"... if not ... you have have no dog in this fight.

No I just keep hearing what he cant do...(pages and pages) so I'm like just get straight to the point "can you do better"... if not ... you have have no dog in this fight.

 

Good Point! :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

If OTS gave this kid a scholly.....

 

Then he knows something about Lucas, Patterson, And Stewart that we dont. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

If OTS gave this kid a scholly.....

 

Then he knows something about Lucas, Patterson, And Stewart that we dont. ;)

Exactly. That guy even said it in the one article. I don't think UK brought him in to be a starter. You guys are acting crazy.

Just wait and see how the end of this recruiting class turns out......It should be a dandy.

No I just keep hearing what he cant do...(pages and pages) so I'm like just get straight to the point "can you do better"... if not ... you have have no dog in this fight.

 

So you should question the job done by Tubby Smith unless your a better coach?

 

Please don't read the polictal board because people are constantly questioning George Bush.

 

Like I said before currently Patterson is the only top 40 recruit interested in UK, that makes him a must get. If Tubby misses on him this will not be a successful recruiting season. Patterson maybe the most important recruit of Tubby's career.

I think this will make 4 7 footers he has signed in 9 years now so that is not much at all. Yeah Shag and Woo were terrible they never turned into anything. Carter though seems like he might actually end up being a good player for us, and well we dont know about this guy yet. So if this guy ends up being pretty good that would make him 50% on these 7 foot projects if this guy works out.

 

Tubby's style of play is not as exciting as some teams, but when did UK become known as a fast pace style team. I think Pitino is the only coach who used the real fast pace style, and some people act like that is what UK is known for. When players listen and buy into Tubby's stystem he has shown that it works. A national title in 98, and elite 8 in 99. Then two years in a row of being the top seed in the tournament, and then double overtime loss in a elite 8 the year after those two #1 seed years. So after that double overtime loss I bet you were for Tubby and not so much against him, and now after last year which was a bad year Tubby has now worn out his welcome?

 

Tubby for the most part has done a good job recruiting, I know he did have two bad years with this years senior class in Perry and them, and he had a bad one with the Carter class and well that should never happen. But for the most part he has recruited good here. Its just that these two classes came so close to each other now everyone says he is terrible at it. We had a good class come in this year now with the players you said you would want, and next years class is shaping up to be a good one too so far...

 

What?

I think this will make 4 7 footers he has signed in 9 years now so that is not much at all. Yeah Shag and Woo were terrible they never turned into anything. Carter though seems like he might actually end up being a good player for us, and well we dont know about this guy yet. So if this guy ends up being pretty good that would make him 50% on these 7 foot projects if this guy works out.

 

Tubby's style of play is not as exciting as some teams, but when did UK become known as a fast pace style team. I think Pitino is the only coach who used the real fast pace style, and some people act like that is what UK is known for. When players listen and buy into Tubby's stystem he has shown that it works. A national title in 98, and elite 8 in 99. Then two years in a row of being the top seed in the tournament, and then double overtime loss in a elite 8 the year after those two #1 seed years. So after that double overtime loss I bet you were for Tubby and not so much against him, and now after last year which was a bad year Tubby has now worn out his welcome?

 

Tubby for the most part has done a good job recruiting, I know he did have two bad years with this years senior class in Perry and them, and he had a bad one with the Carter class and well that should never happen. But for the most part he has recruited good here. Its just that these two classes came so close to each other now everyone says he is terrible at it. We had a good class come in this year now with the players you said you would want, and next years class is shaping up to be a good one too so far...

 

 

Adolph Rupp's team were fast breaking.

Hey if this is one of our top 2 or 3 players in the class we sign, then yes its a problem. But he'll probably end up being the 5th or 6th (if we sign that many) best recruit in the class.

It could pay off huge down the road. The thing is when you have 13 players everyone is not going to play. So hopefully this will be a player who will develop and be a solid player before he leaves UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.