Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK gets first basketball commitment in Mike Williams....

Featured Replies

Great news! The role of clumsy 7' center left open by the departure of Alleyne will only be open for 1 season.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Mike Williams was being recruited by some very good programs and b/c an offer isn't listed on an internet recruiting site doesn't mean an offer hasn't been made. Case in point, none of the so-called recruiting expert sites had James Anderson and UK even talking and they didn't have UK even listed for his favorites, let alone an in-home visit (already happened) and a scheduled campus visit. So the point is that these sites are not always accurate.

 

I read an article from an east coast newspaper that said Jim Calhoun of UCONN was very high on this kid, I will trust Coach Calhoun's opinion. For those of you who have nothing to do but beat up UK's recruiting efforts, Shagarri Alleyne was not a 4-star player when he was a senior in high school, not even close. This kid has been under tha rader so to speak b/c of him being from England.

 

He will be a nice addition to a very good recruiting class.

Mike Williams was being recruited by some very good programs and b/c an offer isn't listed on an internet recruiting site doesn't mean an offer hasn't been made. Case in point, none of the so-called recruiting expert sites had James Anderson and UK even talking and they didn't have UK even listed for his favorites, let alone an in-home visit (already happened) and a scheduled campus visit. So the point is that these sites are not always accurate.

 

I read an article from an east coast newspaper that said Jim Calhoun of UCONN was very high on this kid, I will trust Coach Calhoun's opinion. For those of you who have nothing to do but beat up UK's recruiting efforts, Shagarri Alleyne was not a 4-star player when he was a senior in high school, not even close. This kid has been under tha rader so to speak b/c of him being from England.

 

He will be a nice addition to a very good recruiting class.

 

Myself, like most other Wildcat faithful hope this kid turns out to be a tremendous player and Wooden Award candidate. But I cannot blame the skeptecism of many when it comes to the inconsistent recruiting of UK...

Some serious and I think legitimate questions.

 

1. If Calhoun was high on him why has UCONN not offered?

 

2. It seems to me that this is more of the same. Orbzut, Alleyne, Carter, and now Williams. I know that the jury is still out on Carter. When these guys were signed it was late in the recruiting season and they were basically plan B. But this kid was sign right of the bat. Does Tubby know things aren't going well?

 

3. Why does anyone have any faith that the current coaching staff can develop a big man who is a project given their track record?

 

4. Is anyone concerned that Patterson is visiting Duke this weekend?

Where did the commit info come from?

 

I dont think we are supposed to link things from other sports message boards, so I'll just say most major recruiting networks started reporting it around 4 p.m. today.

Where did the commit info come from?

 

It is on the Cat's Pause web site.

Myself, like most other Wildcat faithful hope this kid turns out to be a tremendous player and Wooden Award candidate. But I cannot blame the skeptecism of many when it comes to the inconsistent recruiting of UK...

:thumb:

I don't know if I am the first to say this in this thread, but anyway.

 

FIRE TUBBY!!!!!

Some serious and I think legitimate questions.

 

1. If Calhoun was high on him why has UCONN not offered?

 

2. It seems to me that this is more of the same. Orbzut, Alleyne, Carter, and now Williams. I know that the jury is still out on Carter. When these guys were signed it was late in the recruiting season and they were basically plan B. But this kid was sign right of the bat. Does Tubby know things aren't going well?

 

3. Why does anyone have any faith that the current coaching staff can develop a big man who is a project given their track record?

 

4. Is anyone concerned that Patterson is visiting Duke this weekend?

 

1. Just because a website doesn't have an offer listed doesn't mean it hasn't been extended.

 

2. You have no clue about UK recruiting. Williams is Center who will not scare away any of the big names Tubby is going after. The fact that he signed him this early is a very good sign.

 

3. If you knew anything about the Williams kid you would understand that he is not the problem that guys like Shags were. He is a very good student, who was able to drop 60 pounds in order to get into basketball shape. This kid is very dedicated to improving and being as good as possible.....Will he be an All-American? No, but he is going to be better than the two goofs that are at UK, and he will be able to contribute.

 

4. Not one bit. Having followed the Patterson recruiting saga for over a year, I am fairly certain that he has already made up his mind and is just honoring all of his scheduled visits.

 

 

I can't confirm this, but I have heard that we will have 3 verbals on Midnight Madness, coming from Stewart, Lucas, and Patterson.

 

The recruiting this summer has been exceptionally well conducted by the entire staff. They have been out working 24/7 to get these kids, and I have a very good feeling it's going to pay off.

I don't know if I am the first to say this in this thread, but anyway.

 

FIRE TUBBY!!!!!

 

 

Wow, did you think of that all by yourself???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow, did you think of that all by yourself???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: Get em!!!!:fight:

Another quality 2 star player for Tubby...cat fans enjoy!

Nobody even gives any UK recruits a chance. If I was a 5 star, I wouldn’t want to be critiqued so hursh…

Yeah is he a project but they say he is getting better and better each day. He wasnt highly thought of or recruited because at one point he was 320 pounds and couldnt move good but he has been losing weight and getting better because of it. So jury is still out on him just dont expect him to blow you away quickly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.