Which of these 5 chicken chains do you prefer?

Randy Parker

Which of these 5 chicken chains do you prefer?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 5 chicken chains do you prefer?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the article linked below, these are the five top-selling chicken chains in America. Which of the five do you prefer?

1. Chick-fil-A

2. KFC

3. Popeyes

4. Zaxby's

5. Church's Chicken

Top Fast Food Chicken Restaurant Brands In United States - QSR magazine

In the last 20 years you can probably count on my fingers and toes how many times I've eaten at any of these 5.......and I've NEVER eaten at the last 3 listed.

Joining in the discussion late, but the original KFC, back when they primarily served Original Recipe Chicken exclusively was excellent. Since then it has become very hit and miss.

50% of the time they can't fill a 100% Original Recipe order, and often substitute Crispy.

In a recent trip to Pigeon Forge I hit the drive-thru and picked up a 3 piece meal with two extra Original Recipe legs. When returning to the hotel I discovered that I had two pieces of Original and three cripsy. I dialed up the number on the receipt and was told that their standard instructions were to sub crispy for original when short on original - without informing the customer!!!!!

Just another sign of the times, I guess!!!!

When most do inform you, you are told there will be a twenty minute wait for original, which to me is blasphemous. Like Subway running out of White Bread. IMO they should NEVER run out of original - all of the other crap they've added later should wait.

Incidentally, if in the Coney Island (Cincinnati) area, stop by the Hitching Post Restaurant on 4535 Kellogg Avenue and try their fried chicken and tell me what you think. It is still cooked in lard and is delicious. The homemade pie is an added bonus.

Incidentally, if in the Coney Island (Cincinnati) area, stop by the Hitching Post Restaurant on 4535 Kellogg Avenue and try their fried chicken and tell me what you think. It is still cooked in lard and is delicious. The homemade pie is an added bonus.

No Doubt. :thumb:

Don't do fried chicken very often. If I go to KFC, which is about once a year, I get the popcorn chicken. Do like a chicken sandwich occasionally from fast food restaurants but I won't make a stop at a chicken only place to do so.

Lee's Famous Recipe is only located in 12 states and has a few restaurants in Canada. That is why Lee's will never be mentioned as a top 5 chain in chicken.

I'm pretty sure there are more Indi's locations in Louisville than Lee's. If not, I don't know where they are.

Its not fast food but Greyhound still has the best fried chicken I have ever had (sorry, Grandma).

Thanks for the tip. Next time I'm "home," I'll give it a try. Now that I'm an (ahem) adult, I'll feel right at home. Back in the day, my calories were mostly liquid, and consumed across the street.

Never had Churches or Zaxbys. Chick-fil-a simply has the best chicken sandwiches and the best, quickest service. Not a real big fan of KFC and had a few consecutive really bad experiences at Popeyes over 20 years ago and haven't been back since. I know it's likely location related, and was a long time ago. But it tarnished them for me and I can't get it over it...really, horribly bad.

I do like Lee's...not surprised it's not on the list as they have less than 150 locations. And Remke's fried chicken is super good and Kroger's isn't far behind.

Never had Churches or Zaxbys. Chick-fil-a simply has the best chicken sandwiches and the best, quickest service. Not a real big fan of KFC and had a few consecutive really bad experiences at Popeyes over 20 years ago and haven't been back since. I know it's likely location related, and was a long time ago. But it tarnished them for me and I can't get it over it...really, horribly bad.

I do like Lee's...not surprised it's not on the list as they have less than 150 locations. And Remke's fried chicken is super good and Kroger's isn't far behind.

The problem for me with CFA, is that's all they really have. Chicken sandwiches. Boring and forgettable menu. When it comes to chicken, I want more options than sandwiches and waffle fries.