Boone Co. 34 Scott 3

BCHS4422

Scott's got alot of issues matching the depth of many of the 4A schools in the area. They have a fairly solid core of a first team unit, but very little depth. I think alot of people noticed that in the first half with BC. By the second half, or second day, Scott's team was tired from the core basically playing both ways for most of the game.

Will Scott be favored in any of their remaining games? I s this another 1 or 2 win season?

I don't know if Scott will be favored in any of their remaining games or not, but they were in identical position last year (same record too) and Holmes rolled in to Scott and got a suprise and lost 21-0. Boone County was suprised to be down 3-0 at the half last weekend, so anything can happen. If anybody takes them too lightly or looks past them, they may be in for a suprise.

Scott's got alot of issues matching the depth of many of the 4A schools in the area. They have a fairly solid core of a first team unit, but very little depth. I think alot of people noticed that in the first half with BC. By the second half, or second day, Scott's team was tired from the core basically playing both ways for most of the game.

Most Friday's, that solid core of first team guys get about 15 minutes to rest. In this one they had a whole night, and things went really south. You can't stay tired for 15 hours, can you?

Most Friday's, that solid core of first team guys get about 15 minutes to rest. In this one they had a whole night, and things went really south. You can't stay tired for 15 hours, can you?

I think what he means is all the players are playin both ways not coming coming off the field and in this district thats tough to do. Its hard they have alot of injurys and they need everyone healthy.

You are correct they did have 15 hours rest between days, but similarly, so did BC, so any advantage or disadvantage was equal. I only made the point because it was so striking in the third and fourth quarter you seen tons of substitutions from BC that came into the game had clean uniforms. Anybody that played in that mudpit for any amount of time was covered in mud for both teams. The Scott kids that were going both ways all afternoon were hard to recognize because they were mud soaked. It seemed as though BC could keep running out fresh lineman to easily run three offensive lines. It was just more noticeable when you could literally see the 'clean' substituions coming into the game. They were decent size, too. Scott, due to injuries (that all teams have at this point of the season) can barely field a single workable unit, and they are fatigued by playing both ways.

That's the figure reported in the paper. Must have had a few sacks.

In the first half they had a few first downs and were moving the ball a little. In the second half the running game was completely shut down. There were several sacks in the second half as protection broke down often. I'm sure these plays easly led to the -21.