Bill O'Reilly OUT at Fox

Let's be completely clear about this, folks — this has nothing to do with allegations of sexual harassment on its face. It has to do with the fallout of sponsors (which could fairly be argued came about because of sexual harassment allegations).

When it is determined Bill's ad sales people can sell his show again, he will be back on a network somewhere. For now, the sponsors have to let this die down before they can be seen associated with him again. They definitely want his viewer numbers.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity... Do you feel this way because you don't think he did what he's accused of? Do you feel what he is accused of is not an offense worthy of losing his job over? What made you feel he would overcome this?

Because these allegations (which if I was guessing are probably mostly true) have been floating around for over a decade and he is by far the most popular figure on cable news generating tens of millions of dollars for Fox.

So to be concise, I thought his popularity and earning power would allow him to survive this.

WoW - I am shocked!

I didn't think this was going to take Bill down.

I hope he reappears on another Network but I'm scratching my head on which one.

And I see Tucker Carlson is taking over the 8pm slot. Tucker can be slightly over the top but for the most part I think it is a powerful hour of TV.

That is a huge step backwards for FOX. Carlson is borderline unwatchable.

Because these allegations (which if I was guessing are probably mostly true) have been floating around for over a decade and he is by far the most popular figure on cable news generating tens of millions of dollars for Fox.

So to be concise, I thought his popularity and earning power would allow him to survive this.

Well, I for one am glad that popularity and earning power did not win out.

Let's be completely clear about this, folks — this has nothing to do with allegations of sexual harassment on its face. It has to do with the fallout of sponsors (which could fairly be argued came about because of sexual harassment allegations).

When it is determined Bill's ad sales people can sell his show again, he will be back on a network somewhere. For now, the sponsors have to let this die down before they can be seen associated with him again. They definitely want his viewer numbers.

I'm glad he is gone but you hit the nail on the head. Once Rush Limbaugh's earning power came back he was allowed back on the airwaves after what he said on his radio show. No reason to believe Bill won't be back once this dies down and he proves he can still make people money.

I'm glad he is gone but you hit the nail on the head. Once Rush Limbaugh's earning power came back he was allowed back on the airwaves after what he said on his radio show. No reason to believe Bill won't be back once this dies down and he proves he can still make people money.

It amazes me how short some people's memories are.

No matter. I'm not going to miss what I never watched.

Lucky guy in my opinion. Hes already a millionaire and if he took care of his money and doesnt need his ego stroked anymore (insert joke), he can just relax the rest of his days.

He can still make a lot of money off of books.