Bill O'Reilly OUT at Fox

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad he is gone but you hit the nail on the head. Once Rush Limbaugh's earning power came back he was allowed back on the airwaves after what he said on his radio show. No reason to believe Bill won't be back once this dies down and he proves he can still make people money.

Are you talking about the Donovan McNabb thing? That was on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown. They let him go from ESPN for his remarks, but nothing affected him on the airwaves.

I do not see Bill returning. Maybe something independent wise, but that doesn't seem like him. We are talking the undisputed leader in cable viewership for over a decade. With his age he is not coming back to talk politics in a Brian Williams type role at midnight. O'Reilly is an ego guy. He has prided himself on hammering the competition on their poor viewership numbers compared to him.

Are you talking about the Donovan McNabb thing? That was on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown. They let him go from ESPN for his remarks, but nothing affected him on the airwaves.

Probably talking about the "Georgetown University law student is a prostitute" thing.

I am not 100% sure of this but doesn't Bill donate either most or all of his book royalties to charities and/or good causes like Veterans?

He does.... now. That may soon change. Bill has to have a large pot of money he is sitting on. Any idea what he was making at Fox News?

He does.... now. That may soon change. Bill has to have a large pot of money he is sitting on. Any idea what he was making at Fox News?

The great Google Machine says:

Fox's Bill O'Reilly finished third, taking home $18 million this year. In addition to hosting "The O'Reilly Factor," the 67-year-old also has written or co-authored 15 best-selling books. His contract expires with the network in 2017.

http://thehill.com/media/306579-hannity-tops-media-rich-list-with-29-million-salary

I do not see Bill returning. Maybe something independent wise, but that doesn't seem like him. We are talking the undisputed leader in cable viewership for over a decade. With his age he is not coming back to talk politics in a Brian Williams type role at midnight. O'Reilly is an ego guy. He has prided himself on hammering the competition on their poor viewership numbers compared to him.

When I think of Rush I think of the prescription drug abuse thing.