Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Facebook Killer...Manhunt Over

Featured Replies

Anyone else been following this case?

 

Federal and local law enforcement officers in at least five states were on the hunt Monday for an armed and dangerous fugitive accused of filming himself killing an elderly Cleveland man and uploading the video to Facebook.

 

"Our reach right now is basically all over the country," Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams said at a press conference Monday afternoon as the frantic search for Steve Stephens was in its second day.

 

Stephens was on the run after posting footage of the apparent random killing of Robert Godwin, 74, in northeast Cleveland near the Lake Erie shore.

 

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said the FBI and other federal authorities were now offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Stephens.

 

"We also want to emphasize that we are still engaged in a very aggressive and focused attempt to find Steve Stephens and bring him to justice," Jackson said at the press conference.

 

Williams said the crime was "personal" for him as it struck down a person who was just "minding his own business, going about his day on Easter."

 

Stephens, a job counselor for teens and young adults, boasted about having committed many other homicides — but police said Monday they could not verify that claim.

Facebook Killer Manhunt: Police on Lookout in Four States for Cleveland Man Steve Stephens - NBC News

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been. Dear Lord.

This is "Criminal Minds" stuff. And it is horrifying.

He is a true coward. I hope he is caught quickly.

Obviously there's no finding any rational reasoning behind this nut's horrid actions, but in his phone call to a friend he claimed to have killed about 13 others. So far it doesn't appear that he really did. So why say so? I suppose in some kooky way he was looking for more attention or to sensationalize this even more than how awful it already is.

 

Also, they said they pinged his phone in Pennsylvania, but from what I'm understanding they haven't been able to track him since. I suppose that he could've tossed his phone and kept moving to avoid being tracked.

 

His face has been all over the news, and he's quite a big distinctive looking dude, so someone's bound to come across him at a gas station or something, but there again I suppose that he could steal someone's car to not be spotted in his own car.

 

He's going to have to eat too...

 

I have a feeling that he will be found dead by suicide by the time they do locate him.

Obviously there's no finding any rational reasoning behind this nut's horrid actions, but in his phone call to a friend he claimed to have killed about 13 others. So far it doesn't appear that he really did. So why say so? I suppose in some kooky way he was looking for more attention or to sensationalize this even more than how awful it already is.

 

Also, they said they pinged his phone in Pennsylvania, but from what I'm understanding they haven't been able to track him since. I suppose that he could've tossed his phone and kept moving to avoid being tracked.

 

His face has been all over the news, and he's quite a big distinctive looking dude, so someone's bound to come across him at a gas station or something, but there again I suppose that he could steal someone's car to not be spotted in his own car.

 

He's going to have to eat too...

 

I have a feeling that he will be found dead by suicide by the time they do locate him.

I'd be shocked if he was found alive.

I have been following and am somewhat dismayed as to why he hasn't been caught. He must be a lot more clever that I thought.

 

I too believe the coward will kill himself.

I have been following and am somewhat dismayed as to why he hasn't been caught. He must be a lot more clever that I thought.

 

I too believe the coward will kill himself.

 

Or already has and that's why he hasn't been found yet. With the US Marshals and FBI on this, if he isn't found within the next 24 hours I suspect he's already dead.

He won't kill himself. He will go to prison and lead the life in prison. Cops have no reason to kill him. Cops don't go looking to get even at these people for random killings. We are not giving the cops enough credit and trying to label them judge jury executioner. They will try to bring him in alive.

He won't kill himself. He will go to prison and lead the life in prison. Cops have no reason to kill him. Cops don't go looking to get even at these people for random killings. We are not giving the cops enough credit and trying to label them judge jury executioner. They will try to bring him in alive.

 

He's obviously extremely dangerous and they will be on high alert when they find him. I don't think they will hesitate to eliminate the threat. This isn't going to be a normal confrontation when it happens.

Said on the local news there's been a wave of people calling saying they've spotted him or his car in the Cincy area, however none of them have been substantiated.

 

Yesterday I believe they pinged his phone somewhere in Pennsylvania.

 

 

@rockmom is right, this is straight out of Criminal Minds stuff.

Have they caught this scumbag yet? Any proof that he has killed others?

I don't know where to ask this question, and I don't want to devote a whole thread to it, but what's up with the new trend in the media when showing a photo, or a viral video for it to be clearly centered, but bordered by a fuzzy blurry version of the very same photo or video?

 

For example:

 

Steve_Stevens.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.