Open Job: Mercer County

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of faith in Donald Smith, AD and his ability to hire some really talented coaches. I look forward to seeing who is selected this time around. If the core of this team stays together, which I believe they will, they will be in the top 3 or so of the 12th again next season. This should be a fairly attractive job for a good coach!

The new Lexington school has all kinds of possibilities. It's in a great area to pull local kids from. But i also understand that's it's an I20 school. So they can get international kids in.

Not sure how the I20 affects anything? There are 123 I20 schools in Kentucky and many of those are schools that have athletics. Some of those schools are in the athletic elite and some are not. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Not sure how the I20 affects anything? There are 123 I20 schools in Kentucky and many of those are schools that have athletics. Some of those schools are in the athletic elite and some are not. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Several Louisville and Lexington schools are not I20. Take that, along with the natural talent pool that they'll already pull from, and there are a lot of possibilities.

I think it is safe to assume Chris Huff will put in for this job. I heard he was a finalist along with Kurt Young last year and he ended up being an assistant on the staff. I'm not sure how true it is that he was a finalist as it was just regular everyday small town gossip that said that. If he was a finalist I have to imagine he will have the inside track on the job depending on who puts in for it.