Open Job: Mercer County

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Smith will start on this right after spring break. We were in a tough spot last fall and found an outstanding coach. My thoughts.... I expect Coach Smith to take his time on this and believe he will find our kids another outstanding coach. It may take some time, but he will do it right. We are fortunate to have him in this role.

• 2 weeks later...
We are happy to announce that they will be in the 2017 King of the Bluegrass December 19 - 23, 2017.

Is your field set at this point? Or do you add others as the summer goes along? Probably a question most of the followers already know the answer to I guess.

I am waiting on one contract. We don't announce the entire field until all contract are received. Also, we don't announce the teams in the month of April or early May because EVERYTHING in the media is focused on the Kentucky Derby...a release would be hidden on the back page.

You've already said that Mercer County and Pulaski County will be there. I imagine Corbin may be there. John Hardin was likely asked to come. Bowling Green may have been invited. Covington Catholic. Maybe Scott County and LexCath got invited and then your Louisville schools round out the field.