April 7, 20179 yr I'm not, I'm being serious. Please explain how Lonzo has been discriminated against. Just because he is black doesn't mean he has been discriminated against. Did he not get a job because of his color? Last I heard his family is well off, the high school he attended is a pretty nice school acedemically as they have just been awarded another Silver medal for academics etc. He was given a full ride to one of the best acedemic universities in the country. I just don't buy it. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first. I just never knew everyone who is of a different color is discriminated against in their daily life. Well first of all, literally none of what you said means that Lonzo may not have experienced discrimination in his life. He doesn't have to experience it every day for it to be relevant either. Secondly, my comments weren't specific to the Ball's. My point was a white guy making the same racial comment Ball did is not the same because of the years of racism towards minorities in our country. While still racial from Ball, it doesn't pack the same punch coming from a black guy. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.
April 7, 20179 yr Well first of all, literally none of what you said means that Lonzo may not have experienced discrimination in his life. He doesn't have to experience it every day for it to be relevant either. Secondly, my comments weren't specific to the Ball's. My point was a white guy making the same racial comment Ball did is not the same because of the years of racism towards minorities in our country. While still racial from Ball, it doesn't pack the same punch coming from a black guy. If you can't understand that, I can't help you. I understand that point. We are good.
April 7, 20179 yr Best line I have seen about this latest comment so far: "I guess the white side of Lonzo was guarding De'Aaron Fox."
April 7, 20179 yr This guy is a complete buffoon. I guess he can't see that people are laughing at him, not with him.
April 7, 20179 yr This guy is a complete buffoon. I guess he can't see that people are laughing at him, not with him. He can but he doesn't care because it's exactly what he wants. People talking about him means he's relevant and that's what he wants to get his name and brand out there
April 7, 20179 yr Best line I have seen about this latest comment so far: "I guess the white side of Lonzo was guarding De'Aaron Fox." Rofl!!! I didn't see that, but that is hilarious!
April 7, 20179 yr He can but he doesn't care because it's exactly what he wants. People talking about him means he's relevant and that's what he wants to get his name and brand out there Or he's a buffoon who happens to have a kid that is a good basketball player. Time will tell.
April 8, 20179 yr I can't post it here because of language but Michael Rapaport's rant about LaVar Ball is the best thing I've listened to in a month or two.
April 8, 20179 yr Alford's life will be very difficult next year dealing with Ball when Ball's middle son is not starting and spending a lot of time on the bench.
April 8, 20179 yr Alford's life will be very difficult next year dealing with Ball when Ball's middle son is not starting and spending a lot of time on the bench. Yep looks like Middle Ball got the same defensive foot speed gene that Lonzo got.
April 8, 20179 yr Yep looks like Middle Ball got the same defensive foot speed gene that Lonzo got. How would we know? Has he ever played a lick of defense in his life? Didn't look like it from the videos we saw of the HS games.
April 8, 20179 yr I would think what he said about white guys is racist which probably means he is racist and I'm sure he has said it so much around his kids that they learned to be racist.
April 10, 20179 yr If the kid is a good one then every GM will draft him if available and it fills their need. The dad will have no effect on draft-ability. I think college coaches might shy away from him but both of his kids have already committed to UCLA. Saw this weekend were the dad has started his own Sports Agency and will only represent his 3 kids. This is exactly why GM's should steer clear of bringing any of his son's into the organization. The kid hasn't even made it to the league and he is already letting it be known that he should be treated as something special. Talent is hard to pass up, but not being able to sign the talent or having dad trash the surrounding talent is never worth the price. Just my opinion but time will tell.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.