LaVar Ball

Feel really bad for their coach. Tough spot.

Easy to say to bench the kids if they aren't listening to you at all, but its also tough to punish the kids because of the father. Tough spot for him.

I don't agree. If I were the coach, I'd tell the kids you've got two options. You can a) let me coach you, and do what I say, or b) keep ignoring me. If you pick option b you're no longer a member of the team.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My high school coach used to say this about parents like LaVar Ball and players who wanted to do their own thing:

"I'm the dog and you're the tail and the tail sure as hell don't wag the dog."

I don't agree. If I were the coach, I'd tell the kids you've got two options. You can a) let me coach you, and do what I say, or b) keep ignoring me. If you pick option b you're no longer a member of the team.

That's a real easy approach thing to say while we're sitting here. That's a tough spot for a first year Head Coach that needs to win games to potentially keep his job.

It's also real easy to say to Joe Schmo's parents in middle of KY with no major aspirations and when it really doesn't matter whether they are on the team or not. Not every coach out there can handle things like Coach Carter.

I actually am going against a lot that I stand for and rooting for UNC to win tomorrow. If UNC loses then I'm going to become a temporary UK fan for the Final Four.
UCLA scared me a ton, UNC scares me even more because I think UK shot their wad last night and may come out flat. Then if we get past them, Kansas looks unbeatable. It's a tough road ahead for sure.

I actually am going against a lot that I stand for and rooting for UNC to win tomorrow. If UNC loses then I'm going to become a temporary UK fan for the Final Four.[/quote

Not that easy man, there is an application that you'll need to complete and return. I can mail you one or you can complete it online at www.IhateDuke.com.

:lol2: :lol2:

I actually am going against a lot that I stand for and rooting for UNC to win tomorrow. If UNC loses then I'm going to become a temporary UK fan for the Final Four.

This is a whole new low for you. For all that you and I disagree on when it comes to sports allegiances, disdain for North Carolina was always our common ground.

I'm going to go take a bath and have a good cry, Judas.

You're scaring me, think about what your doing. I can't even access Facebook right now because I see Jordan as your profile picture.