Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LaVar Ball

Featured Replies

I wouldn't draft Lonzo Ball if I needed a PG and he was the only one in the draft.

  • Replies 338
  • Views 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the kid is a good one then every GM will draft him if available and it fills their need. The dad will have no effect on draft-ability. I think college coaches might shy away from him but both of his kids have already committed to UCLA.

 

Saw this weekend were the dad has started his own Sports Agency and will only represent his 3 kids. This is exactly why GM's should steer clear of bringing any of his son's into the organization. The kid hasn't even made it to the league and he is already letting it be known that he should be treated as something special. Talent is hard to pass up, but not being able to sign the talent or having dad trash the surrounding talent is never worth the price. Just my opinion but time will tell.

 

Signing will not be a problem if he is drafted. The salary is slotted. Now after the rookie contract is up then it could be another story.

@SmittySBJSBD

 

Wow, veteran Nike exec George Raveling on LaVar Ball: “The worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years.” #sbjwcs

I wouldn't draft Lonzo Ball if I needed a PG and he was the only one in the draft.

 

Which is why you'll never be an NBA GM. :lol2:

@SmittySBJSBD

 

Wow, veteran Nike exec George Raveling on LaVar Ball: “The worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years.” #sbjwcs

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all year.
Which is why you'll never be an NBA GM. :lol2:

 

That may be true but I guarantee you my life won't revolve around a circus like LaVar Ball.

@SmittySBJSBD

 

Wow, veteran Nike exec George Raveling on LaVar Ball: “The worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years.” #sbjwcs

 

I liked Gary Parrish's response quite a bit:

 

@GaryParrishCBS

I bet there are some who would argue that shoe companies dictating where basketball players go to college is worse.

I hate this argument.

 

What LaVar said was stupid and yes racial, but what has he said that wasn't ignorant?

 

The reason this argument doesn't work is because those white guys haven't been discriminated against for decades. It's not the same.

 

Two wrongs don't make a right.

That may be true but I guarantee you my life won't revolve around a circus like LaVar Ball.

Whichever NBA team signs this kid trouble will follow, with the name LaVar attached to it.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

 

I didn't say it did. I think what he said was ignorant and racist. It's still not the same as a white guy saying it.

I don't think I would buy any of this brand

 

Have you ever seen any of the items? lol there's a link in the article, it literally looks like flea market knock off clothing

Have you ever seen any of the items? lol there's a link in the article, it literally looks like flea market knock off clothing

 

No and don't even plan on looking

@darrenrovell:

 

BREAKING: Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas passing on Lonzo Ball after LaVar insisted on them licensing Big Baller Brand.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.