Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s

The KHSAA will not be inconvenienced by having to "work" over the Thanksgiving weekend.

It is asking too much of the KHSAA to be away from their families that weekend.

This is the answer given at the Delegate Assembly meeting last September.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of shortening the season, I'd say just take a week off at the end, don't start it any sooner. Too many kids playing football and basketball.

Some would just as soon the extra week be at the beginning if you play baseball/softball.

If you start the season a week sooner wouldn't some schools still not be able to play because some kids will be playing football?

Everything has a domino effect. Move football up a week and do what has been discussed often by shortening the playoffs a week.

The season will not be the same if the state tournament is moved like he is talking about. The season will be a week shorter and the week that is lost will be at the end. The season will not start any earlier.

If it's moved up a week it will be. It's the perfect situation IMO. Who likes that first round of football playoffs anyway? Cut that, move the basketball season up a week, it's the same length season. This also helps those kids who play basketball and baseball too. It's a perfect scenario IMO.

Not having Regional Semis and Finals on Friday and Saturday nights for Boys Basketball should be a crime. It's not fair to the players to play back to back during the week, get up and go to school, then come back and play the next night. Growing up going to The Fieldhouse for final 4 weekend was awesome now that I am in the 8th Region going to The Roy for the weekend should be the same thrill for my kids.

If it's moved up a week it will be. It's the perfect situation IMO. Who likes that first round of football playoffs anyway? Cut that, move the basketball season up a week, it's the same length season. This also helps those kids who play basketball and baseball too. It's a perfect scenario IMO.

The season will NOT be moved up a week. It will have the same starting week. The season will only be affected at the end.

So two weeks, just cut from basketball season? How many games will be lost?

It isn't cutting two weeks. It is only cutting one week. The boys state tournament and girls state tournament will flip, with boys playing the first weekend and girls playing the second.

The start of the season will stay the same.

the season will end a week earlier. No games lost. The limit will still be 30.

the boys state tournament will leap frog the girls state tournament and will be the last week of NCAA play.

The girls' state tournament will stay the same week. The week of NCAA conference tournaments

For example this year.

Districts would have started Feb. 13 instead of the 20th.

Regionals would have started Feb. 20th instead of the 27th.

Boys state would have been March 1-5 instead of 15-19

Girls state would have stayed the same, March 8-12.

The start of the season will stay the same.

the season will end a week earlier. No games lost. The limit will still be 30.

the boys state tournament will leap frog the girls state tournament and will be the last week of NCAA play.

The girls' state tournament will stay the same week. The week of NCAA conference tournaments

For example this year.

Districts would have started Feb. 13 instead of the 20th.

Regionals would have started Feb. 20th instead of the 27th.

Boys state would have been March 1-5 instead of 15-19

Girls state would have stayed the same, March 8-12.

I understand that. We are just making suggestions so if we could have it our way we'd rearrange the season and start it earlier. That's all. We aren't saying this is what's going to happen, we are saying this is what we want to happen.

I understand that. We are just making suggestions so if we could have it our way we'd rearrange the season and start it earlier. That's all. We aren't saying this is what's going to happen, we are saying this is what we want to happen.

I don't think all people do.