March 4, 20179 yr Half court sets will be the offense mostly run by teams when the tournaments begin. Everything slows down. This type of game will be the norm, not the run and gun early season stuff. I think the Cats are improving in that area.
March 4, 20179 yr Best players should not have days where they don't make a shot. When that happens, their team usually loses.
March 4, 20179 yr Best players should not have days where they don't make a shot. When that happens, their team usually loses. But he did make a shot and the Cat's won... lol
March 4, 20179 yr Looks like Cats will play winner of Georgia vs Tenn in 1st round of SEC. You get JJ Frazier or the UT smurfs. Choose your poison
March 4, 20179 yr Looks like Cats will play winner of Georgia vs Tenn in 1st round of SEC. You get JJ Frazier or the UT smurfs. Choose your poison OOPS, still could be Ole Miss vs UT
March 4, 20179 yr The sluggish starts will catch up with them in the upcoming tournaments. Same thing I told my husband.
March 4, 20179 yr I think the one thing we have learned about this UK team the last few games, is when they play teams who want to slow it down we need to pressure 94ft. It isn't about turnovers or even if we give up a few easy buckets. This team plays with more energy and it forces the tempo in our favor. Agree, they need to manufacture energy with the press.
March 4, 20179 yr Yet MR. Inconsistency Monk had another no show game today. Not a half but the entire game. Not sure he made a shot that was not a dunk. Does he know we have no more home games? Isn't he leading the SEC in scoring?
March 5, 20179 yr Why is Kentucky finding it so hard to come out with some energy? It doesn't seem that difficult to do.
March 5, 20179 yr Why is Kentucky finding it so hard to come out with some energy? It doesn't seem that difficult to do. I say they need to come out with the press. Force the energy.
March 5, 20179 yr Hmmm first game in single digits all year. He averages over 20 a game. I think that is the highest per game average at UK under Cal. He is shooting 42% on the year from the three point line. I'm sorry but that is not inconsistent. I guess he needs to have 47 point games every game where he is hot as can be in both halfs like he was against North Carolina. Which also this is the last true road game of the year for this team. They now will be neutral site games the rest of the year. Which is basically home games with our fans. We seen he does pretty well in neutral site games too. It's just funny to me when people choose to complain about our best offensive players game. It's like people think it's possible to go through hot streaks when he never misses every game all game long. Which in fact even in games when he doesn't get crazy hot, he still usually gets us around his 20 points a game. That is not inconsistent. :thumb: :thumb: Ditto ....and Good post, I just logged on and was reading thru post so this was one less person I need to answer.
March 5, 20179 yr Why is Kentucky finding it so hard to come out with some energy? It doesn't seem that difficult to do. I say they need to come out with the press. Force the energy. I don't think it's an energy problem at all. They simply can't buy a bucket to start a game. Which usually if a team can't make a basket most teams look bad or just out of it. So I don't think it's an energy problem. It's more of finding away to get in a rhythm better offensively to start a game.
March 5, 20179 yr Obviously, there is no way that this team can keep falling behind like this and Vandy in the coming weeks / weeks. I agree with all others that Hawkins steady influence helped again in this one. Monk had one of those "not being able to throw one in the ocean while standing on the beach" today like happens to all players. Fox stepped up, filling in the gap with excellent play, drives and leading the scoring with 19. Bam. Briscoe and Gabriel did a good job rebounding. After falling behind on the road like that, coming back and winning / taking another SEC Title, this was a good day for the Cats. I'm looking forward to the SEC tourney in Catsville this week and beyond !
March 5, 20179 yr Best players should not have days where they don't make a shot. When that happens, their team usually loses. It's a good thing then this is the first time in almost 30 games that it has happened then. Yet somehow you think he is inconsistent. Plus its a positive sign that they did win even though their 20 point per game player had an overall off day shooting. Even one of the best shooters of all time in Seth Curry goes through a slump. In fact I believe he just went through a 3 game stretch where he shot 18 percent from the three point line. Best players can have off days shooting.
March 5, 20179 yr It's a good thing then this is the first time in almost 30 games that it has happened then. Yet somehow you think he is inconsistent. Plus its a positive sign that they did win even though their 20 point per game player had an overall off day shooting. Even one of the best shooters of all time in Seth Curry goes through a slump. In fact I believe he just went through a 3 game stretch where he shot 18 percent from the three point line. Best players can have off days shooting. Don't try to be logical. :lol2: :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.