Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Tom Brady the greatest ever?

Featured Replies

Tom Brady = GOAT, and he has Giselle.

 

Uh oh, now you did it...Time to hear from all the "she's not attractive" crowd. As if anyone on this board (if single) would turn her down. :lol2:

  • Replies 106
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mix in his preparation, his football mind, and his physical abilities, and show me a better quarterback to just go out there and play the game. Show me a throw that Manning has ever been unable to make (except for MAYBE in his last season or two when he was on his way out, but even that is doubtful).

 

Look up the greatest NFL seasons by an NFL QB (or even top ten seasons) and notice that Manning has a few of them.

 

Discussing who is merely the most talented is always going to be subjective. We can look at statistics all day, but that combines much more than just talent.

 

His preparation and football mind, he's top of the list. His pure physical ability, give me Aaron Rodgers all day on that.

Discussing who is merely the most talented is always going to be subjective. We can look at statistics all day, but that combines much more than just talent.

 

His preparation and football mind, he's top of the list. His pure physical ability, give me Aaron Rodgers all day on that.

Pure physical ability Manning wouldn't be top 20. And the preparation argument is garbage for anyone to make. How do you say one guy does more than the next.

Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all-time. Put him on Hoodies New England teams and they may have 6 or 7.

 

Respect Brady a lot, but if Atlanta's pass rush wouldn't have slowed down (I think Brady threw it what, 60 times? Had to have been exhausted) that would be Atlantas ring. He had all the time in the world to make those throws.

 

I respect Brady but I think Manning could have won more if he had the best HC/GM of alltime.

Not even debatable anymore, he is GOAT without a doubt. I had the pleasure of seeing both he and Montana (the only one in the conversation with TB) I would have tossed a coin until last night. Sitting here last night down 19 lining up for the FG, my wife said what are they doing. I said, he will make the FG. Brady will be down two scores and he will win this thing. I kinda believed it, because it was possible. Didn't fully believe it until they had the ball with 3:53, 91 yards, down 8. I would have bet a lot of money then. I will bet anyone that knew football knew what was going to happen. You just knew. That is greatness.

Biased because he was my hero when I was growing up, but my pick is Bart Starr. 5 NFL titles and called his own plays.
Whoa.....Bart Starr? I think this may be the first time in my life I have heard Bart Starr mentioned as the GOAT. Now, Bart Starr is way before my time so I can't give an informed opinion as to why he isn't. All I can say is that having watched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, etc......... I can't say I have seen anyone better than Tom Brady play the QB position. Now, you have forgotten more football than I'll ever know but I need more details on why Bart Starr>Tom Brady. If it is total bias then I am good with that because I'll secretly go to my grave saying Kobe Bryant>Michael Jordan. :D
Whoa.....Bart Starr? I think this may be the first time in my life I have heard Bart Starr mentioned as the GOAT. Now, Bart Starr is way before my time so I can't give an informed opinion as to why he isn't. All I can say is that having watched Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, etc......... I can't say I have seen anyone better than Tom Brady play the QB position. Now, you have forgotten more football than I'll ever know but I need more details on why Bart Starr>Tom Brady. If it is total bias then I am good with that because I'll secretly go to my grave saying Kobe Bryant>Michael Jordan. :D

 

First of all, it is a bad sign that you are listening to the friends you listen to that put you up to this! Lol.

 

But, here goes....

 

1. Starr won 5 titles.

2. Starr called his own plays.... no one does that any more.

3. Starr's era, talent was spread over fewer teams.

4. Less protection for QBs in Starr's day, and he was getting hammered by guys like Night Train Lane, Butkus, Bednarik, Karras, Huff, Deacon Jones, etc. They would put those guys in jail now for the way they played the game.

 

This is not a slam dunk argument. I do think Brady & Belichick are truly GREAT in every sense of the word. But, if I have to pick the #1 QB of all time, the edge goes to Starr. But, it is an edge, not a wide margin.

 

And, I am biased. Lombardi, the Packers & Starr were my first favorite team and I still love that era of the NFL.

 

The magic of Vince Lombardi NFL Videos - YouTube

First of all, it is a bad sign that you are listening to the friends you listen to that put you up to this! Lol.

 

But, here goes....

 

1. Starr won 5 titles.

2. Starr called his own plays.... no one does that any more.

3. Starr's era, talent was spread over fewer teams.

4. Less protection for QBs in Starr's day, and he was getting hammered by guys like Night Train Lane, Butkus, Bednarik, Karras, Huff, Deacon Jones, etc. They would put those guys in jail now for the way they played the game.

 

This is not a slam dunk argument. I do think Brady & Belichick are truly GREAT in every sense of the word. But, if I have to pick the #1 QB of all time, the edge goes to Starr. But, it is an edge, not a wide margin.

 

And, I am biased. Lombardi, the Packers & Starr were my first favorite team and I still love that era of the NFL.

 

The magic of Vince Lombardi NFL Videos - YouTube

I had to do it. I knew you would give a detailed and great answer like you did. Bart Starr deserves his time to shine too!!!!
Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all-time. Put him on Hoodies New England teams and they may have 6 or 7.

 

Respect Brady a lot, but if Atlanta's pass rush wouldn't have slowed down (I think Brady threw it what, 60 times? Had to have been exhausted) that would be Atlantas ring. He had all the time in the world to make those throws.

 

I respect Brady but I think Manning could have won more if he had the best HC/GM of alltime.

 

I think you down play the fact that Manning played with great running backs and great wrs most of his career. Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne. In Denver he had Dmearuiys Thomas and Decker and then Sanders.

 

While on the other hand Brady besides when he had Moss for a few years. Has had wrs who would be the number 3 or 4 wrs on most other teams if that at all. He has had one true good running back in Corey Dillon. All these other running backs he has found ways to make it work with, when most of them once again would barely play for other teams.

 

So while yes Brady does have the best coach ever. However the majority of the time Brady did great with a bunch of no body's around him. Then the year he did have talent to throw to like Moss he set the record for Td passes. If you put Manning in New England he doesn't have a marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Thomas, Decker, or Sanders to throw the ball too. So have no idea how he would have done his whole career with no top wrs to throw too. Manning may not have ever looked as great as the Manning we saw.

I had to do it. I knew you would give a detailed and great answer like you did. Bart Starr deserves his time to shine too!!!!

 

I thought I was going to have to fight your buddy today. He was getting fired up! Lol

No defensive coordinator is happy to see Tom Brady behind center. He appears to be in phenomenal shape, he was really moving on his long dash.

Richard Sherman a thug? You serious right now. Did you really just include him in the same sentence with Pac Man. Sherman talks bad about the league. That is literally the only negative thing he does. He is an upstanding citizen, never been arrested, graduate Stanford with like a 3.9 GPA. Please elaborate on how he is a thug.

 

 

 

See below

 

How is Richard Sherman a thug?
.......................................

I will answer both with this one quote / post since they cover the same ...I probably used the wrong term / description by "Thug". I was mainly speaking of his several different what I thought were Cheap Shot plays, hits, etc.. , along with his seemingly to me anyway constant running mouth and show boating. I didn't mean criminal or like all of these on t.v. rioting, burning cars, etc., etc.

My belief or the way I like to see a player who makes a play just act like it's no big deal ..."that's my job, what I am supposed to do" and not like it's the first big play that they've ever made in their life. Same thing goes for these guys that score td's, make a big catch performing an act / dance, etc.. Just hand the ball to the official and go to your sideline, then if you want to give a "high five," or feel you have to chest thump and jump around then do so I guess, just don't show the entire stadium that you're a self absorbed idiot.

I realize that most don't feel like that these days, I am old school in thinking and still believe that it's about the team and not individual.

First of all, it is a bad sign that you are listening to the friends you listen to that put you up to this! Lol.

 

But, here goes....

 

1. Starr won 5 titles.

2. Starr called his own plays.... no one does that any more.

3. Starr's era, talent was spread over fewer teams.

4. Less protection for QBs in Starr's day, and he was getting hammered by guys like Night Train Lane, Butkus, Bednarik, Karras, Huff, Deacon Jones, etc. They would put those guys in jail now for the way they played the game.

 

This is not a slam dunk argument. I do think Brady & Belichick are truly GREAT in every sense of the word. But, if I have to pick the #1 QB of all time, the edge goes to Starr. But, it is an edge, not a wide margin.

 

And, I am biased. Lombardi, the Packers & Starr were my first favorite team and I still love that era of the NFL.

 

The magic of Vince Lombardi NFL Videos - YouTube

That's a tough one. It's really hard to compare QBs from such different eras. One strike against Star is he played before the free agency era so basically played with the same team. They have something like 10 or 11 HOF players he played with. Brady has played with zero. Probably will end up with Moss and Gronk.

Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all-time. Put him on Hoodies New England teams and they may have 6 or 7.

 

Respect Brady a lot, but if Atlanta's pass rush wouldn't have slowed down (I think Brady threw it what, 60 times? Had to have been exhausted) that would be Atlantas ring. He had all the time in the world to make those throws.

 

I respect Brady but I think Manning could have won more if he had the best HC/GM of alltime.

I understand how you feel on that and I kinda' feel that way about Brett Favre. Farve, for all of his numbers, records and the fact that most of his seasons with G.B., didn't have the talent surrounding him that others had.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.