Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Met my tax guy last night and got a nice return so decided to get an early bite to eat. Hit up happy Hour at the Charthouse. They have a bunch of apps at $5.00 and several specialty drinks to choose from.

The best nights to eat out are weeknights for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

We tried out the new J Alexander's in Lexington Saturday night. I'm not sure if my expectations were just too high or if it really wasn't that impressive. I ordered crab cakes and they were good, but I don't think we got enough bang for our buck.

In the past week I have eaten out a few places that have all been outstanding.

Dominic's in Alexandria which is Italian and Country cooking. Awesome Spicy Prime Rib pasta.

Corelife Eatery in Florence next to Drakes and Currito. Best salad I have ever had, Southwestern Chicken with Cilantro Lime Jalapeño dressing.

Taqueria Arandas behind Ponderosa in Florence. It's located in the hotel back there. Freshest Mexican food I've ever tasted and I make a habit out of trying New Mexican restaurants. I've always been an Acapulco guy myself but I think I've been converted.

In the past week I have eaten out a few places that have all been outstanding.

Dominic's in Alexandria which is Italian and Country cooking. Awesome Spicy Prime Rib pasta.

Corelife Eatery in Florence next to Drakes and Currito. Best salad I have ever had, Southwestern Chicken with Cilantro Lime Jalapeño dressing.

Taqueria Arandas behind Ponderosa in Florence. It's located in the hotel back there. Freshest Mexican food I've ever tasted and I make a habit out of trying New Mexican restaurants. I've always been an Acapulco guy myself but I think I've been converted.

Wasn't aware such a scenario existed in NKY :)....I'm intrigued by this and the other recommendations. Thank you nkufan23! Will let you know how it went. :thumb:

Wasn't aware such a scenario existed in NKY :)....I'm intrigued by this and the other recommendations. Thank you nkufan23! Will let you know how it went. :thumb:

No problem. I almost forgot Dominic's is located across from the old Larosas on 27 by Bishop Brossart. Huge portions, my GF had the Chicken Parm which she said was the best she has ever had and she's full blooded Italian. My dad had what he called the best meatloaf he's ever tasted. Definitely a hidden gem.

Dominic’s strives for healthy, organic options

No problem. I almost forgot Dominic's is located across from the old Larosas on 27 by Bishop Brossart. Huge portions, my GF had the Chicken Parm which she said was the best she has ever had and she's full blooded Italian. My dad had what he called the best meatloaf he's ever tasted. Definitely a hidden gem.

Dominic’s strives for healthy, organic options

I've never done dinner there, but the handful of times I've eaten lunch there I was extremely underwhelmed. It is off of my lunch list.

I've never done dinner there, but the handful of times I've eaten lunch there I was extremely underwhelmed. It is off of my lunch list.

I went for the first time Saturday around 5:00 and it was really good. Reviews are consistently good. I'll have to see what my next experience brings.