Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

Stopped at the Key Hole restaurant in Ludlow yesterday. We have driven past it several times and got curious. Really enjoyed our lunch. It is an old bar that they cleaned up and are trying to make it more family friendly. Husband got the cheeseburger, I got the French dip special, and friends got the chicken wrap. We all enjoyed our lunch. As a bonus, we got free pie because it was Christmas! Staff was very friendly. There is even a Pac Man machine there that you can still play for only 25 cents!

The cook had on a T shirt that said “ask me about my balls” so we did! Didn’t get a clear answer but we think it is about their gotta ball appetizer...at least that is what we chose to believe!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the new Impellizeri's Pizza in downtown Elizabethtown twice already and loved it both times. First time was the first Friday night they were opened and they were packed, but they cleaned up their act by the time I went the following Thursday. Believe their table-tracking app wasn't in yet at grand opening (they opened before announcing, though).

For those of you who haven't been to downtown Elizabethtown recently, there's some positive vibes building:

- Impellizeri's (will have outdoor ground-floor bar AND rooftop bar)

- Roxie's (serves breakfast and lunch)

- Cobbler's Cafe (good for breakfast)

- Vibe Coffee (local folks say it's better than Starbuck's; we'll see as Starbuck's opens this month or early January by Exit 94 off I-65)

- The Dreamery (ice cream parlor opens in 2018)

- Bourbon Barrel Tavern (Elizabethtown's first bar since prohibition; has already grown to take over neighboring spot and offers live music)

- Flywheel Brewing (Elizabethtown's first microbrew)

- Gulf Coast Connection (seafood; usually take home and grill/boil yourself, but they will do it for you)

Also home of the Kentucky High School Basketball Hall of Fame, the Historic State Theatre (live concerts and plays and also shows movies) and the Hardin County History Museum (FREE).

Elizabethtown is also home to the Swope's Classic Car Museum (also FREE and a five-star review on TripAdvisor).

99 cents? What did they do, dip the lime in the tequila and drop it in the glass?

Mondays are always 99 cent margarita days here. Wife was sloshed after drinking half of hers. She blamed it on her allergy medicine.

I finished it with no ill effects.

Seriously, the manager is a good friend that graduated high school with my son. The place used to be really spotty, but since he took over it's been great. He was named KY Restaurant Association GM of the year in 2016.

Eric Downs named Kentucky Restaurant Association GM of the Year | Local | maysville-online.com