Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

Took the Mrs. To Trotta's Seafood & Steak in Dayton, KY and it was outstanding. Started off with the fried eggplant made exactly the same as the old F & N Steakhouse and it was tasty. The steaks are exceptional and reasonable on price. I had the Ribeye with Bourbon Sauce, Cajun Mac n Cheese (sharable portion) and Mrs. Q had the Filet. They source their meat from the same place Morton's and Ruby's do. Atmosphere was great, young man on piano and service very good as well. I highly recommend this place.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swung by Walt’s last night. Bride and I shared a salad, French onion soup and a filet hoagie. Got out of there for under a fun ticket for a change. All of it was super tasty. They had a guitar player joined by a harmonica player. Pretty good. As the norm, we sat at the bar.

Ate at O'Charly's on way to Cleveland. Mine wasn't that good. Was Wednesday and you got free pie. I got the caramel and after one bit that was it...it was awful.

On way home we stopped at McDonalds. I usually don't like their food but I love their buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. It was very good. I could have eaten 2.

We need to get a petition going to bring Hardee's back to N. Ky/Greater Cincinnati. Made the trip to Paris (city of love?) for a basketball game last night and the burgers at Hardee's are still great. ... Who remembers the Hardee's in Highland Heights just across from the entrance to NKU (where Stockyards Bank sits now) ?

Went to the Precinct Saturday night for our anniversary dinner. Started out with the Arnicini (risotto balls) as an appetizer, wife had a glass of Moscato and I went with a Truth. Wife ordered the Norse (blackened NY Strip) with garlic butter topping and garlic mashed potatoes and the Freddy salad. I went with the Chris Mack (blackened ribeye) topped with Blue Cheese butter and garlic mashed potatoes and the Freddy salad. Received a complimentary cheesecake since we were celebrating our anniversary. As always with the Jeff Ruby joints, outstanding food, impeccable service, and a fantastic atmosphere. Only downside was the bill....:lol2:

Went to the Precinct Saturday night for our anniversary dinner. Started out with the Arnicini (risotto balls) as an appetizer, wife had a glass of Moscato and I went with a Truth. Wife ordered the Norse (blackened NY Strip) with garlic butter topping and garlic mashed potatoes and the Freddy salad. I went with the Chris Mack (blackened ribeye) topped with Blue Cheese butter and garlic mashed potatoes and the Freddy salad. Received a complimentary cheesecake since we were celebrating our anniversary. As always with the Jeff Ruby joints, outstanding food, impeccable service, and a fantastic atmosphere. Only downside was the bill....:lol2:

We go once a year too. The bill is always around $100 per person. Drinks really jack up the price. I think Walt’s has equally good steaks at 1/3 less the price.

We go once a year too. The bill is always around $100 per person. Drinks really jack up the price. I think Walt’s has equally good steaks at 1/3 less the price.

I'm not gonna lie. We've become steak snobs of sorts. Hard for us to even order one anywhere else now that we've gotten accustomed to Ruby's. Only place we've had that seems even a little bit comparable is the Moerlein House's filet. Have never had Walt's though.

You had me until your second last sentence. Hate the atmosphere of the Precint. A romantic dinner and there is an 80 year old couple sitting 1.5’ away from you. Best steaks, but would rather have one downtown or Carlo and Johnny. The sad thing it, I’m looking out of my hotel window at a Jeff Ruby steakhouse in Nashville right now!!

Also ate Prime last night in Cincy. Their steak rivals Ruby’s and may be better than Walt’s.