Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

This close to Chicago, I have to stop into a Portillos and get a dipped italian beef sandwich loaded. :thumb:

Love the Italian Beef. In fact I might get Portillo's for supper tonight.

Portillo's opened its first 2 Florida stores a couple of years ago, right here in Tampa Bay. The first one is in Brandon, an unincorporated community east of Tampa, and the second is near the southwest corner of the USF campus, in Tampa.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night, we ate at E&E Stakeout in Belleair Bluffs, FL. I had pulled slow-roasted boneless short ribs, natural jus reduction, grilled Cippollini onion, loaded mashed potatoes with bacon, sour cream and chives. We had calamari, shrimp, and raw oysters for appetizers.

The dipping sauce for the calamari was not the usual marinara, but a thing made from banana peppers and butter. Amazing stuff.

Love the Italian Beef. In fact I might get Portillo's for supper tonight.

Portillo's opened its first 2 Florida stores a couple of years ago, right here in Tampa Bay. The first one is in Brandon, an unincorporated community east of Tampa, and the second is near the southwest corner of the USF campus, in Tampa.

Their onion rings were fantastic as well. If we had time on the way home I would have enjoyed a chicago dog. No such luck though!

Enjoy, your lucky to have one so close to home! :thumb:

Saturday afternoon had the Eagle in OTR for lunch. Delicious as always.

Yesterday had Longnecks for lunch while watching the Patriots game and then Pies and Pints for dinner with the in-laws.

My body isn't used to this much fried food in such a short period of time. :lol2:

Last night I had a Sedona Barbecue Chicken Salad at "Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen" on Universal Studio's City Walk. We were there for my granddaughter's 10 birthday. Mrs. S had the brisket meatloaf. Then everybody, but myself, had a specialty milkshake the place does.

Lets catch this up

2 hamburgers at the Carlisle football game on 10-19

2 sausage egg McMuffins at McDonald's in London,Ohio on 10-20

1 double Burger at the Wheelersburg football game on 10-27

Liver and onions,bean and ham soup, fresh bread with a bake potato with butter and sour cream at Carini's Italian Restaurant in Jamestown Pa, on 11-4

Knotty Pine had a Cincy saver today!!!!!!

You eat WAY TOO WELL...:lol2: If and when we ever cross paths I'd like to go to Knotty Pine. Would be a great bgp gathering opportunity! :thumb:

I finally visited Nashville Hot during a break in real estate training. I went with the Medium Heat Quarter White Chicken with green beans and corn bread. It was a cool twist on fried chicken. I got a very good crash course on their options and will return again down the road.

Wear a bib or eat over plate. The "heat" sources are the 5 different spiced oils used to deep fry the chicken after a dry rub is applied. Chicken is very moist and very good. I could go up a notch or 2 in heat from medium.

SOLID lunch for $10...

You eat WAY TOO WELL...:lol2: If and when we ever cross paths I'd like to go to Knotty Pine. Would be a great bgp gathering opportunity! :thumb:

I finally visited Nashville Hot during a break in real estate training. I went with the Medium Heat Quarter White Chicken with green beans and corn bread. It was a cool twist on fried chicken. I got a very good crash course on their options and will return again down the road.

Wear a bib or eat over plate. The "heat" sources are the 5 different spiced oils used to deep fry the chicken after a dry rub is applied. Chicken is very moist and very good. I could go up a notch or 2 in heat from medium.

SOLID lunch for $10...

We do enjoy eating out! Knotty is a great place that is close to us. The bride works late on Wednesday's so I'm hoping we end up there tonight. Half price bottled wine :)

You can find us at the bar splitting an app and a meal.

As for Nashville hot, I went there one day and looked around. Smell kind of turned me off. just over whelming I think. I do love Nashville hot style chicken so may give it w whirl if I'm over that way. FYI, we did eat at bonefish over there last week.

Lunch today at Bargains on Broadway and Cafe in Winchester. Awesome double cheeseburger and fries and Mrs. Blue4sure and I split a deep fried Twinkie.

I have to start eating out more. I never heard of this place and I live here....:lol2: Is it down town? I live behind the new high school so I am not on that side of town much.

I have to start eating out more. I never heard of this place and I live here....:lol2: Is it down town? I live behind the new high school so I am not on that side of town much.

Yes it’s downtown and I assume Broadway. Only about 1/2 block from main part of town. Looks like a fun auction. May have to come back for that some day too.

• 2 weeks later...