Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been spoiled while cooking on the grill over this last week at the Manor. Todays wind chill has me not in grill mode. Thanks to Krogers for their sales on steaks this week...:wave:

Mrs C1 is calling the shot tonight and I'm looking forward to not cooking....details to follow post meal. Have a great night folks wherever, and whatever you belly up to this evening!!!

Needed some home cooked food. Made fried apples and biscuits this morning and beef veggie soup this afternoon. Both were very good.

Yum...we ended up at Flippdaddys. An appetizer, salads, entrees, drinks for $85 with 20% tip. Eating out is getting more expensive!

I'll give their french dip roast beast samowich a solid 8 out of 10. Be sure to get the grilled onions with that and a pint of white rascal! Thankfully we saved a lot of $$$ on clothes shopping at TJ Maxx post meal...:bunny:

Fried apples and biscuits with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream would have made for an outstanding dessert!!! :lol2:

I've been in a Cajun kind of mood.

Saturday night was alligator nachos at the bayou in Memphis.

Sunday stopped by a Chedders south of Louisville and had the Cajun pasta.

Tonight, reservations at my favorite Cajun place (knotty pine) for Fat Tuesday.

I love brisket. BBQ in general, but definitely brisket.

I'm pretty good on a grill, but I've always struggled with brisket. I can get it to come out tender to the point that it's like pulled pork, but I've never been happy with my sliced brisket. So I appreciate it when I get to eat a proper sliced brisket. That said, the brisket from Blue Door Smokehouse is the best I've ever had, I'd recommend anyone that likes bbq try it. The greens were some of the best I've ever had as well.

Where is this located in Lexington?

Steak salad from Damon's. Awesome.

It's over in the Chevy Chase area on Walton Avenue, just off Winchester Road. I never even knew it was there. Small place, excellent food.

You mentioned Damon's, as in the sports bar type restaurant? We used to have one in Ashland and I know they are popular in Ohio so that's why I was curious. I loved that place, their prime rib was excellent. When I was a kid we used to go to the one in Ashland once a week for dinner and play trivia while watching ballgames.