Just one:What rule would you like to see chaged at the high school level?

I would like to see HS adopt the college and pro rule for clock management. Once ball is set after an Out of Bounds play, the game clock starts back as well unti the last 4 minutes of each half. I would also like to see this apply for incomplete passes as well. High School games are becoming too long because of the implementation of spread hurry up offenses.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say get rid of the taunting rules.

If a kid wants to gloat, let him gloat.

I realize that's unrealistic, but it's just my opinion, I hate that an emotional game isn't allowed to be played with emotion sometimes.

Absolutely not! I have seen full out brawls in 7 on 7 when the taunting rules were not enforced and an asst coach got hurt trying to break it up. You have to reign in these young kids as, to me, they are not mature enough to handle that stuff. I expect pro's to handle it.

Never change the Pass Interference in High School. ( In fact I think you will see the NFL modify their PI rules in the next 5 years).

High school refs have it hard enough without the added pressure of calling a 50 yard PI. And in the NFL it is almost guaranteed the receiver will catch the ball. In high school you can have a kid go out for a 50 yard pass untouched and he will drop it 50% of the time.

I say get rid of the taunting rules.

If a kid wants to gloat, let him gloat.

I realize that's unrealistic, but it's just my opinion, I hate that an emotional game isn't allowed to be played with emotion sometimes.

You can show plenty of emotion and not taunt.

Making the celebration of a big play about "me" goes against what football is - a team game. Plus, everyone hates a braggart.

I'd like to see Play Clocks Mandatory at every field....charge everyone an extra dollar to get in for one year to pay for them or let some business sponsor them, either way it needs to be consistent from field to field.

This times a thousand.

I'd like to see Play Clocks Mandatory at every field....charge everyone an extra dollar to get in for one year to pay for them or let some business sponsor them, either way it needs to be consistent from field to field.

So far the leader in the clubhouse from what I have seen suggested