Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Louisville predictions

Kentucky at Louisville 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Kentucky at Louisville

    • Kentucky (10-1)
      76%
    • Louisville (10-1)
      23%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I didn't see a thread on this, but the game's tomorrow night in Louisville. Will be the toughest environment UK plays in all year.

 

I hate the timing of this game, but who wins?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting contrast of styles.

 

I expect a bit of a letdown for Kentucky, but I still think they pull out a tough win. I just don't think Louisville has the offensive fire-power to pull it off.

 

My biggest fear is that the Cats will be hellbent on getting Monk a ton of shots and he won't be on.

 

I'll go Kentucky 81-73.

Is it because of the college bowl games that this has moved up as early as it is?

 

I take the Cats 86 - 75

Louisville will probably be the biggest defensive challenge UK will face all year until March, but UofL doesn't have nearly enough offense to beat UK.

 

If UofL can make enough shots, they can keep it respectable. If they have one of their typical 5-7 minute stretches with no points, they will get run out of the gym.

 

I say UK will win in the 14-17 point range, but could be worse, depending on how bad UofL plays on the offensive end.

I hate that its on a church night.

 

With that said, UK better learn to play some D. Hopefully the Cards get embarrassed at home and put Pitino one game closer to retirement.

Louisville will probably be the biggest defensive challenge UK will face all year until March, but UofL doesn't have nearly enough offense to beat UK.

 

If UofL can make enough shots, they can keep it respectable. If they have one of their typical 5-7 minute stretches with no points, they will get run out of the gym.

 

I say UK will win in the 14-17 point range, but could be worse, depending on how bad UofL plays on the offensive end.

 

Spot on analysis.

 

UofL will try to punch UK in the mouth (metaphorically speaking) with their defense. How the Cats respond will be telling. Cal's constant drumbeat of "playing tough" and "how we respond" will be put to the test. He's probably relishing the matchup based simply on that angle.

Louisville will probably be the biggest defensive challenge UK will face all year until March, but UofL doesn't have nearly enough offense to beat UK.

 

If UofL can make enough shots, they can keep it respectable. If they have one of their typical 5-7 minute stretches with no points, they will get run out of the gym.

 

I say UK will win in the 14-17 point range, but could be worse, depending on how bad UofL plays on the offensive end.

 

I have only seen UL play one game. They are not as good as UK, but I can't see in a rivalry game at UL that the Cards will lose by 14-17 points. You have to go back to Cal's second season to find a double digit victory in the rivalry. I think this has the makings of an upset.

Kentucky is better but they are going into the lion's den. I think Louisville wins.

Excited to get some tickets for this one (blue will get in :D)

I'll go with UK 77 UofL 71.

I look for it to be a foul fest with the way UofL plays and the officiating crew assigned to the game.

I think Louisville will try to make it a slower game, contrary to what Pitino has said, and a physical, ugly game. They will not allow UK to play in their comfort zone if they can achieve doing that. Hostile environment for the young Cats as well. I think UK will pull out a close game though, with a final score something like 78-74.

I think Louisville will try to make it a slower game, contrary to what Pitino has said, and a physical, ugly game.

 

The fact that Pitino said it made me believe that they will definitely not be trying to run with the Cats.

I think Willis is going to be our X Factor. I bet he puts up at least 14 points and hits probably 3 threes.

I think Willis is going to be our X Factor. I bet he puts up at least 14 points and hits probably 3 threes.

 

He's definitely due for a breakout.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.