December 14, 20169 yr Author Ugh. This is getting worse: parent claims Sean Woods head-butted his son last year: Parent Claims Sean Woods Head-butted His Son Last Season | Nation of Blue
December 14, 20169 yr Sounds like Woods has serious anger management issues. All people become angry at times but they manage to control it or at least only get vocal for a short period and stop. They don't go ballistic and get physical. Of course, Bobby Knight got away with it for years but that travesty is on the Indiana administration. He did similar things that Woods is accused of doing. My guess is his career as a coach is finished, at least among D1.
December 14, 20169 yr Don't care how hard it was, as a coach, you should never strike a player, nor shove them. I want to see the backhand, I got taps in high school and never thought about, a shove, that is why I want to see a video, was it a small push or a more aggressive shove like the one he gave a player in the UK game a 2-3 yrs ago. Guess Bobby Knight had more manly guys to play for him than the current bunch at Morehead.
December 14, 20169 yr Author Arrested college hoops coach wouldn’t stop attacking us: players | New York Post
December 14, 20169 yr I want to see the backhand, I got taps in high school and never thought about, a shove, that is why I want to see a video, was it a small push or a more aggressive shove like the one he gave a player in the UK game a 2-3 yrs ago. Guess Bobby Knight had more manly guys to play for him than the current bunch at Morehead. Bobby Knight's antics shouldn't have been accepted back then. Manly doesn't have anything to do with it. A coach should never lay his hands on one of his players in that manor, no matter the severity. No grey areas.
December 14, 20169 yr For you UK fans maybe...just maybe...if he would have only gotten that angry in that Duke game...:popcorn:
December 15, 20169 yr Ugly ugly ugly Allegations of Battery Against Morehead State Head Coach Sean Woods | Nation of Blue I hate it for MSU and Woods, I liked the job he was doing at Morehead but this isn't sounding good for Woods or the school / program. I wish them the best, I like Morehead, had family there and I pull for the Eagles.
December 15, 20169 yr Time to move on.....Kelly Wells waiting on deck and should bring nice transfer with him!
December 15, 20169 yr Time to move on.....Kelly Wells waiting on deck and should bring nice transfer with him! He has tried and been turned for a cheater and now this guy. 3rd time a charm? He is the best guy for the job, no doubt.
December 16, 20169 yr I'm going to need John Pelphry and Deron Feldhaus to hold it together for the Unforgettables. The other two haven't lived up to their end.
December 17, 20169 yr I'm going to need John Pelphry and Deron Feldhaus to hold it together for the Unforgettables. The other two haven't lived up to their end. Should have been called the Forgettables, especially, Richie. What a low-life!
December 18, 20169 yr It is amazing what coaches get away with when leading a team. Think about it. Teachers are not allowed to touch students or verbally berate them just to make them "learn" a subject better. Bosses in the workplace are certainly not allowed to touch an employee and most companies will not tolerate verbal berating of employees. For some reason coaches are allowed to berate, demean, humiliate etc their players and many call it "coaching them hard". It is less tolerated now than in the past at least. When I see guys like this I feel very fortunate to have played for Kenney Shields in HS and Jim Connor in college. Both would get angry from time to time and could definitely let you know when they were not happy with your performance but I never saw either one verbally abuse ANYONE and certainly never saw either one touch a player...and both were very successful too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.