Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why doesn't Kentucky Schedule Teams That....

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he the Head Coach for UC that held the ball majority of the game before the shot clock and Kentucky won the game, something like 17-15. My dad always said that was the last time Kentucky played UC (before meeting in the tournament).

 

UK played UC 3 more time in the 80's at Rupp Arena.

In Pitino's second season UK won 75-71 at Shoemaker Center.

The reason they won't should be obvious.

 

I will mention though that in 2012 Chris Mack and Cal were very close to agreeing to a 2 for 1 deal, but at the 11th hour UK asked Xavier to play their "home" game at the YUM Center. End of conversation.

 

Heard X contacted UK this year when they had their scheduling issues about a game at Rupp but UK declined...

Heard X contacted UK this year when they had their scheduling issues about a game at Rupp but UK declined...

 

Just confirmed, you're spot on GT. Didn't even require a return trip, just future considerations. What a shame...would have been a lot of fun.

Just confirmed, you're spot on GT. Didn't even require a return trip, just future considerations. What a shame...would have been a lot of fun.

 

Did you just fact check me??? :clap:

Did you just fact check me??? :clap:

 

The disrespect is real. :lol2:

Don't do that.

 

I wanted the rest of the story.

 

Just messing with you.

 

Basically offered UK a buy game with a top 10 team, and they said no... :idunno:

Tony Yates for one reason.

 

That was almost 12,000 days ago. It's time to let it ( and the Laettner shot) go.

That was almost 12,000 days ago. It's time to let it ( and the Laettner shot) go.

 

The man tried to ruin the game. Made a mockery of The late great James Naismith .

At a point in the game he tried not to lose by a lot versus trying to win it. And Huggins did nothing for me other than bring in a bunch of hoodlums .

For the record. I don't mind Laettner, hard nose player who had the perfect game at the perfect time.

If I'd ever see Yates on the streets I'd ask for my $10 back.

Then why do they play Louisville? :lol2:

 

I know your post was sorta made in jest, but didn't the Kentucky legislature pretty much mandate a UK-UL game the year after UL defeated UK (seems like it was in OT but I might be wrong about that) in the tourney?

I know your post was sorta made in jest, but didn't the Kentucky legislature pretty much mandate a UK-UL game the year after UL defeated UK (seems like it was in OT but I might be wrong about that) in the tourney?

Dream game 1983.

Stall game was UK 24 UC 11 I believe was in 8th grade and excited to be there until the game started. Half was 11-7. Never forget it.

Now that NKU is D-I, any chance that UK plays them?? Could do a 2 for 1...play twice at Rupp and once at NKU's nice new arena. UK would be rewarding its many fans in the NKY-Greater Cincy area...

Now that NKU is D-I, any chance that UK plays them?? Could do a 2 for 1...play twice at Rupp and once at NKU's nice new arena. UK would be rewarding its many fans in the NKY-Greater Cincy area...

 

I would love to see this in the future. I understand why it hasn't happened yet, NKU needs to build up their RPI, which they couldn't do when they weren't eligible for the tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.