Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why doesn't Kentucky Schedule Teams That....

Featured Replies

.............Are within driving distances? I.E. Cincinnati, Ohio State, Memphis, Xavier and so on.....Cincinnati isn't but about 2 hours or a little more away. Ohio State's about 3 hours or so.

 

I kinda wish Cal/UK would start scheduling these types of teams instead of having a lot of easy wins on the schedule. I.E. Stephen F Austin, Canisus, DuQuesne, Cleveland State, UT Martin, Valpo, Hofstra...

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Yates for one reason.

I know Pitino used to always say he played non conference teams in areas he wanted to recruit which was his explanation as to why he didn't play teams from North Carolina, he felt Duke and UNC had that area locked up.

 

I don't know if Cal has the same philosophy.

$$$$ and it's not good business to lose to those teams.

.............Are within driving distances? I.E. Cincinnati, Ohio State, Memphis, Xavier and so on.....Cincinnati isn't but about 2 hours or a little more away. Ohio State's about 3 hours or so.

 

The reason they won't should be obvious.

 

I will mention though that in 2012 Chris Mack and Cal were very close to agreeing to a 2 for 1 deal, but at the 11th hour UK asked Xavier to play their "home" game at the YUM Center. End of conversation.

Tony Yates for one reason.

 

Is he the Head Coach for UC that held the ball majority of the game before the shot clock and Kentucky won the game, something like 17-15. My dad always said that was the last time Kentucky played UC (before meeting in the tournament).

Not saying this is a good excuse, but I think Calipari also like to try and schedule games in closer proximities to where some of his players are from too.

 

All teams schedule some small schools. I think Cal uses some of those games to help give the payout to his former guys, players or staff.

Not saying this is a good excuse, but I think Calipari also like to try and schedule games in closer proximities to where some of his players are from too.

 

All teams schedule some small schools. I think Cal uses some of those games to help give the payout to his former guys, players or staff.

 

Also a recruiting tool.

 

Nothing wrong with the current scheduling IMO.

.............Are within driving distances? I.E. Cincinnati, Ohio State, Memphis, Xavier and so on.....Cincinnati isn't but about 2 hours or a little more away. Ohio State's about 3 hours or so.

 

I kinda wish Cal/UK would start scheduling these types of teams instead of having a lot of easy wins on the schedule. I.E. Stephen F Austin, Canisus, DuQuesne, Cleveland State, UT Martin, Valpo, Hofstra...

 

When's the last time you saw a college team from a power conference play only tournament caliber teams? No one does it. It benefits programs like Kentucky zero.

The reason they won't should be obvious.

 

I will mention though that in 2012 Chris Mack and Cal were very close to agreeing to a 2 for 1 deal, but at the 11th hour UK asked Xavier to play their "home" game at the YUM Center. End of conversation.

 

I love these guys. Reminds me of a similar UD story. Dayton agreed to a 2-for-1 with Louisville about 10 years ago. Somehow after two games at Freedom Hall, Dayton's home game ended up at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati.

 

Funny how that worked out.

Is he the Head Coach for UC that held the ball majority of the game before the shot clock and Kentucky won the game, something like 17-15. My dad always said that was the last time Kentucky played UC (before meeting in the tournament).

 

That would be him youngster.

Simple.

 

They aren't going to schedule anyone OOC that can give them a game, outside of the "Big Boys."

Simple.

 

They aren't going to schedule anyone OOC that can give them a game, outside of the "Big Boys."

 

Correct. There's no benefit to doing it for programs like Kentucky, Duke, Louisville, UNC, KU, etc...

The reason they won't should be obvious.

 

I will mention though that in 2012 Chris Mack and Cal were very close to agreeing to a 2 for 1 deal, but at the 11th hour UK asked Xavier to play their "home" game at the YUM Center. End of conversation.

 

Dang. That would of been awesome. I don't know why, but I have always wanted to see UK in Cintas..

Simple.

 

They aren't going to schedule anyone OOC that can give them a game, outside of the "Big Boys."

 

Then why do they play Louisville? :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.