Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burfict Is Going To Wind Up Suspended Again

Featured Replies

I'm guessing no one on here has ever seen either in a fight so the talk of who would beat who is comical.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take James Harrison for $2000 Alex

I have watched that "stomp" video over and over and I cannot see Burfict actually stomping on Blount. I see Burfict grabbing Blount's jersey and pulling him out of the pile and Blount then shoving Burfict. If we follow NFL rules on replay, there is not enough evidence to rule Burfict stomped on Blount.

It looks to me like he was trying to pull him off the pile but happened to step on his leg. Did he do it on purpose? Knowing Burfict, yeah. But I don't see it being malicious from the view I'm watching. I'm open to be proven wrong. I'm not a Burfict fan by any means. But if his name wasn't Vontaze Burfict I don't think anyone would view this as malicious.

 

What if his name was Suh?

What if his name was Suh?

Burfict is even dirtier than Suh. But with Suhs history of stepping on people you have to assume it was with intent. I think it's been construed on here that I'm just blindly supporting Vontaze because he is on my team, he is probably the dirtiest player in the league but I don't think the stomp was one of his more egregious acts because it doesn't look bad to me. Maybe I view it this way because when I think of stomping on some one, Suh automatically comes to mind.

I have watched that "stomp" video over and over and I cannot see Burfict actually stomping on Blount. I see Burfict grabbing Blount's jersey and pulling him out of the pile and Blount then shoving Burfict. If we follow NFL rules on replay, there is not enough evidence to rule Burfict stomped on Blount.
Looks to me like he steps on the back of his legs, but I could be wrong. There will be a better look I'm sure that will surface.
  • Author
Looks to me like he steps on the back of his legs, but I could be wrong. There will be a better look I'm sure that will surface.

 

Check the link in Post #42.

Check the link in Post #42.

I did, that's where I think he steps on the back. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he didn't do anything at all. But I'm doubting that. I'm not buying he was tugging on the jersey was what caused that response.

Until Marvin grows a pair and holds players accountable, these shenanigans will continue. If Burfict were released and picked up by NE, how long would it take Belichek to put him on the bench when it costs his team?

 

Burfict is good but you Wont convince me we can't find a more reliable, LESS SELFISH, smarter, just as talented middle line backer through the draft or free agency

Until Marvin grows a pair and holds players accountable, these shenanigans will continue. If Burfict were released and picked up by NE, how long would it take Belichek to put him on the bench when it costs his team?

 

Burfict is good but you Wont convince me we can't find a more reliable, LESS SELFISH, smarter, just as talented middle line backer through the draft or free agency

 

Just not true. He is without a doubt top 5 talent at linebacker in the league. You don't find those guys every year, especially where the Bengals have been drafting. He is not a headache off the field or in the locker room, just the extracurricular stuff, which I agree Marvin should be able to control internally.

[/b]

 

Just not true. He is without a doubt top 5 talent at linebacker in the league. You don't find those guys every year, especially where the Bengals have been drafting. He is not a headache off the field or in the locker room, just the extracurricular stuff, which I agree Marvin should be able to control internally.

At some point, you have to be able to rely on his availability. It's that way with the Steelers and Ryan Shazier (for entirely different reasons).

Blame me...I have his jersey.

Burfict has brought all this on himself with his dirty play. I am not sure there is any other player in the NFL that we would be talking about being suspended for this act except Burfict. Burfict has to realize every action of his will be viewed under a microscope and many people now will assume he did something wrong in any of these situations.

I think Herm Edwards is right when he stated Burfict went for his lower extremities to avoid a targeting penalty. I think the pump fake was what had him going, plus Pac Man was up top to clean that part up. I am not sure about the leg stomp, I think the way it looks he likely did it on purpose but someone has a camera angle that will either convict or exonerate him. I expect the league to likely fine him, doubt a suspension will happen.

ProFootballTalk Verified account 

‏@ProFootballTalk

Vontaze Burfict fined $75,000 for stomp of LeGarrette Blount, but not for hitting knee of Martellus Bennett

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.