Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burfict Is Going To Wind Up Suspended Again

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^It's a tired old meme, but I chuckle thinking of this dude actually saying it.

The hit on Bennett. He went right at his knee.

100%, anyone that watches that hit and says it wasn't intentional loses any credibility.

100%, anyone that watches that hit and says it wasn't intentional loses any credibility.

 

As much as that one looked intentional, the stomp on Blount after the TD was even more blatant. Shocked that people are trying to deny it.

As much as that one looked intentional, the stomp on Blount after the TD was even more blatant. Shocked that people are trying to deny it.

 

Who has denied the stomp?

futurecoach said it was okay, so it was obviously okay.

 

Herm Edwards somewhat defended him on the Bennett hit on ESPN yesterday. He said that Brady pump faked that way and Burfict bit on it and given the league mandate on high hits he had no real choice but to go low. As for the other where he stepped on the guy probably just a stupid dirty play.

 

Herm Edwards seemed to also think the same as me. Put it this way it wouldn't have mattered where he hit him. With his rep and the ball not being thrown to Bennett, people was going to say it was dirty. He hits him high it's dirty and he is trying to head Hunt again. He hits him low and he is going after knees. He hits him square in the middle of the back, then it's dirty and unnecessary since the ball wasn't thrown to the guy.

 

On that play no matter where he hit him, he was going to be labeled dirty. My point is he went straight towards him as soon as Brady started his throwing motion to him, he never saw Brady pump fake it. In reality probably 80 percent of qbs in the nfl throw that pass on third and 3 and get the first down. Which if he throws that pass and Burfict tackles him like that, then no one says a word because that replay probably never even gets looked at to be questioned. However since Brady is so freaking good, he is one of the few qbs in that situation who is smart enough to pump fake it and then hit an even better route.

 

Brady being Brady and doing the pump fake, is what made this a story. If he throws the pass and Burfict tackles him just like that, then it's not questioned. It's since he didn't have the ball that makes it look bad, even though the pump fake is what made Burfict think Brady was throwing it.

 

Now the stomp on the leg, I got nothing because that was plain dirty and if he gets suspended for that it makes sense. I just don't view the Bennet play as bad as others because that tackle is perfectly fine if the ball is thrown and Burfict thought the ball was being thrown.

@GrantNKY
The first couple times I watched it. Looked like he was just trying to get to the pile. Did he probably do it on purpose after watching it and knowing he was Vontaze Burfict? Probably. But it doesn't look egregious from the angles I'm finding online. He's Vontaze Burfict and everything he does is going to get scrutinized to the nth degree and rightfully so. But I just don't see malicious intent behind this one. I'm not defending him by any means and the Bennett his was dirty. But this just doesn't look egregious to me. Maybe another camera angle would help.

Look, I know you're a jaded Bengal homer, but what isn't malicious about stepping on a dudes legs in the pile?

The first couple times I watched it. Looked like he was just trying to get to the pile. Did he probably do it on purpose after watching it and knowing he was Vontaze Burfict? Probably. But it doesn't look egregious from the angles I'm finding online. He's Vontaze Burfict and everything he does is going to get scrutinized to the nth degree and rightfully so. But I just don't see malicious intent behind this one. I'm not defending him by any means and the Bennett his was dirty. But this just doesn't look egregious to me. Maybe another camera angle would help.

 

The hit on Bennett looked awful but is arguably defensible in light of Brady's pump fake. Not so sure I can say the same thing about the leg stomp on Blount. It's hard to actually see the stomp, but given Burfict's prior history & Blount's reaction, I'm confident something happened there.

Look, I know you're a jaded Bengal homer, but what isn't malicious about stepping on a dudes legs in the pile?

It looks to me like he was trying to pull him off the pile but happened to step on his leg. Did he do it on purpose? Knowing Burfict, yeah. But I don't see it being malicious from the view I'm watching. I'm open to be proven wrong. I'm not a Burfict fan by any means. But if his name wasn't Vontaze Burfict I don't think anyone would view this as malicious.

Absolutely intentional. He found out quickly that you don't mess with a big RB or Gronk.

It looks to me like he was trying to pull him off the pile but happened to step on his leg. Did he do it on purpose? Knowing Burfict, yeah. But I don't see it being malicious from the view I'm watching. I'm open to be proven wrong. I'm not a Burfict fan by any means. But if his name wasn't Vontaze Burfict I don't think anyone would view this as malicious.

Exactly

Exactly

The camera view, not the orange and black glasses I'm wearing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.