Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burfict Is Going To Wind Up Suspended Again

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I think we can stop assuming he might not have stepped on the calf of Blount. The shot they just showed is crystal clear and I have no doubt the one the league made the decision about. What would be better is Marvin to simply make a statement that he was mistaken and his guy was in the wrong.

Absolutely intentional. He found out quickly that you don't mess with a big RB or Gronk.

 

Gronk would destroy him all day every day.

Ok I think we can stop assuming he might not have stepped on the calf of Blount. The shot they just showed is crystal clear and I have no doubt the one the league made the decision about. What would be better is Marvin to simply make a statement that he was mistaken and his guy was in the wrong.

 

I didn't see it but I agree with D'Angelo Williams. If they have enough evidence to fine him $75k, they have enough evidence to suspend him.

 

DeAngelo Williams calls out hypocrisy of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell | Steelers Wire

 

If you wondered if any members of the Pittsburgh Steelers were going to comment on the $75,000 fine levied on Cincinnati Bengals linebacker and President of the Steelers’ Haters Club, Vontaze Burfict, running back DeAngelo Williams has you covered. Williams took to Twitter on Wednesday to voice his displeasure at the hypocrisy of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

 

So roger is concerned about player safety right? However a known offender is fined rather than removed from the field? Message received

 

— DeAngelo Williams (@DeAngeloRB) October 19, 2016

 

It’s hard to dispute the logic in Williams’ commentary. If safety is a top priority, and you see a player, a repeat offender, going out of his way to attempt to jeopardize the safety of others, why leave him on the field? If you felt what he did was egregious enough to warrant a stiff fine, how could it not be enough to suspend him? Myself, and I’m sure Williams would love to hear the rationale behind that decision.

 

The Steelers will square off with the Bengals in Week 15. Pittsburgh beat the Burfict-less Bengals in Week 2 while he served a suspension for his dirty play against Pittsburgh the season before. It doesn’t appear that any punishments to this point have been a deterrent for Burfict. This could be in part because Cincinnati condones this behavior. It’s hard to imagine Coach Tomlin allowing one of his players to carry themselves this way, regardless of the blind eye the league turned to the behavior.

I have watched that "stomp" video over and over and I cannot see Burfict actually stomping on Blount. I see Burfict grabbing Blount's jersey and pulling him out of the pile and Blount then shoving Burfict. If we follow NFL rules on replay, there is not enough evidence to rule Burfict stomped on Blount.

There's another plain view they showed on CBS pregame show. He stepped right on the middle of his calf. No doubts.

There's another plain view they showed on CBS pregame show. He stepped right on the middle of his calf. No doubts.

 

Didn't see it. Thanks for sharing the info.

Didn't see it. Thanks for sharing the info.

It's a really straight on view.

 

And I don't want it to seem like a Bengal hater deal. I wish he could refrain. Really wish he could step outside himself and look at what a quality player he is. The other stuff is wholly unnecessary. It detracts from a fantastic talent.

I hear you spindoc. Everyone in Cincinnati feels the same way. Dude is super talented and dirty as can be. Last year after the playoff debacle, as good as he is - I would have been ok if the Bengals let him go. I am definitely in the minority in that view but a guy like that can corrupt the entire locker room.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.