Nebraska Tail-Backs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the least bit shocked that someone hasn't heard of 5, 6, and 7, and Raja Craig (way he pronounced his name) was a good college back, but a GREAT NFL back, but I would have lost a TON of money that any member of this board hadn't heard of Mike Rozier. He, Earl Campbell, and Billy Sims made the tear-away jerseys en vogue -- beasts them all.

The best 3 Notre Dame running backs since 1950 were Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis, and Allen Pinkett...don't come at me with that.

I'm not the least bit shocked that someone hasn't heard of 5, 6, and 7, and Raja Craig (way he pronounced his name) was a good college back, but a GREAT NFL back, but I would have lost a TON of money that any member of this board hadn't heard of Mike Rozier. He, Earl Campbell, and Billy Sims made the tear-away jerseys en vogue -- beasts them all.

The best 3 Notre Dame running backs since 1950 were Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis, and Allen Pinkett...don't come at me with that.

Rozier won the Heisman 3 years before I was born. :idunno:

Autry Denson? All time rushing leader, 2nd all time in rushing touchdowns.

Autry Denson? All time rushing leader, 2nd all time in rushing touchdowns.

Okay, ahead of which, either way, I don't think those 3 / 4 compare to the top at Nebraska. Regardless, it could be a worthwhile conversation, whether or not someone else is more deserving of Tailback U. could certainly be debated by intelligent folks.

Okay, ahead of which, either way, I don't think those 3 / 4 compare to the top at Nebraska. Regardless, it could be a worthwhile conversation, whether or not someone else is more deserving of Tailback U. could certainly be debated by intelligent folks.

There are certainly some schools that have GREAT history at the RB position USC (Marcus Allen, OJ, Reggie Bush) Ohio State (Archie Griffin, Eddie George, Zeke Elliott) and Alabama recently (Ingram, Richardson, Henry). But I don't think any school had the sustained success at the RB position that Nebraska had. I'll be honest I didn't know very many guys on that list of Nebraska RB's, but unlike some people I actually researched the topic before posting on here and the list of all time great RB's is littered with former Nebraska players.