Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walmart cake decorators refuse to decorate Cop Cake

Featured Replies

Why can't they?

 

I've never understood that, ever. You do not want to do something, don't do it as a private business, but do not cry and whine when people do not spend their money with you or you get public backlash.

 

You will not be in business very long if you do something morally wrong.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't they?

 

I've never understood that, ever. You do not want to do something, don't do it as a private business, but do not cry and whine when people do not spend their money with you or you get public backlash.

 

You will not be in business very long if you do something morally wrong.

 

The law doesn't allow it.

  • Author

Thats the view of many , but our govt is so set on being politically correct that they meddle in everything , while our military shrinks , our roads and bridges crumble , and welfare grows and grows and grows .

Why can't they?

 

I've never understood that, ever. You do not want to do something, don't do it as a private business, but do not cry and whine when people do not spend their money with you or you get public backlash.

 

You will not be in business very long if you do something morally wrong.

 

There's this pesky thing called the law....

Well, if someone had come in and ordered a penis shaped crème filled cake for a NAMBLA party (don't know what that one is, Google it), I'm quite sure all 3 of the employees would have fought each other to make that one.:rolleyes:

 

I say that sarcastically, but with all seriousness.

The law doesn't allow it.

 

What law?

Some of you are forgetting where the whole idea of refusing service resurfaced.

 

Religious freedom ring a bell?

 

Since when is hating cops a religion?

Fire them. See you later

Some of you are forgetting where the whole idea of refusing service resurfaced.

 

Religious freedom ring a bell?

 

Where is religion involved with this incident?

 

We grant all kinds of things in the name of religious freedom that does not bleed over to other areas.

 

By the way, seems like the incident's I've heard of with people refusing to bake a cake on the grounds of religious freedom have all been penalized.

I agree, they should be fired. No question.

Private business can deny anything they want.

 

Walmart ain't private.

 

I know it's publicly traded, but the stock is privately held by the private stock holders. To me Walmart is a company privately owned by it's stock holders. In my eyes, the government would have to own the majority of stocks to make the company publicly owned.

 

Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm losing the concept of public and private.

Mamaw,

I think you're referencing the Kim Davis circus which happened after the controversy about denying baked goods on basis of sexuality.

Yes, I mistakenly thought that was what you were speaking of. Sorry to leave discussion mid way, had some family drop in. :dancingpa

What law?

 

Depends on the reason for refusing service.

Depends on the reason for refusing service.

 

I've often wondered why a private business owner wouldn't just tell a customer they were to busy to take on an order, instead of refusing service on moral ground?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.