September 25, 201610 yr Everybody's a protestor nowadays. If I'm an employer, my policy would be protest on your own time. Right, do it on the clock and the clock is over.
September 25, 201610 yr Is there only one cake decorator at a Wal-Mart? The story states there are THREE and all refused.
September 25, 201610 yr Not unusual to have only one on duty at a time...this could have actually been a deli or bakery associate that just refused to take the order, not necessarily a cake decorator. Give them the benefit of a doubt? But no, all three were cake decorating specialist. And I use that term loosely because there is nothing professional about them.
September 25, 201610 yr The story states there are THREE and all refused. Didn't realize that, no way that can happen. I wonder what Walmart will do with the associates, I know what they should do...but there are a team of lawyers and PR people in NW Arkansas trying to decide right now. It won't shock me what ever they do, even though I won't necessarily agree with it.
September 25, 201610 yr The story states there are THREE and all refused. At minimum they would be suspended for a week without pay. Possibly fired. Depends on their work history.
September 25, 201610 yr This country is unraveling at the seams. And why wouldn't it? You have people all across the world who think we are the most racist, homophobic, xenophobic, uncharitable, selfish, lazy, and spoiled people ever. We have highly paid athletes who have now bled over into the college and high school sports programs with their total disrespect of our National Anthem, our flag and our country. We also have young people disrespecting teachers, law officers, doctors who have patients that are stopping consultations to answer cell phones, any military personnel, their parents and other people's property. Maybe we deserve this because the silent majority has stood by and let it happen. Edited September 26, 201610 yr by Jumper_Dad Political
September 25, 201610 yr Some of you are forgetting where the whole idea of refusing service resurfaced. Religious freedom ring a bell?
September 25, 201610 yr Some of you are forgetting where the whole idea of refusing service resurfaced. Religious freedom ring a bell? An elected official refusing and an employee refusing are two totally different arguments.
September 25, 201610 yr An elected official refusing and an employee refusing are two totally different arguments. Refusing to bake wedding cakes and take pictures for gay couple is where this started. I'm not saying what these Wal-mart employees are doing is right, but I do find it funny some of you are up in arms today are on the other side when denying cakes to gay couples.
September 25, 201610 yr Refusing to bake wedding cakes and take pictures for gay couple is where this started. I'm not saying what these Wal-mart employees are doing is right, but I do find it funny some of you are up in arms today are on the other side when denying cakes to gay couples. An elected official refusing and an employee refusing are totally different.
September 26, 201610 yr What elected official refused to take pictures and bake wedding cakes? I'm confused.
September 26, 201610 yr Author And why wouldn't it? You have people all across the world who think we are the most racist, homophobic, xenophobic, uncharitable, selfish, lazy, and spoiled people ever. We have highly paid athletes who have now bled over into the college and high school sports programs with their total disrespect of our National Anthem, our flag and our country. We also have young people disrespecting teachers, law officers, doctors who have patients that are stopping consultations to answer cell phones, any military personnel, their parents and other people's property. Maybe we deserve this because the silent majority has stood by and let it happen. i'm with ya Maw
September 26, 201610 yr An elected official refusing and an employee refusing are totally different. Mamaw, I think you're referencing the Kim Davis circus which happened after the controversy about denying baked goods on basis of sexuality.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.