State report says Boyle BOE interfered in Smith's hiring

gchs_uk9

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also noted in the article the situation has been pretty much resolved between the state and the Boyle BOE. Tamme is to not have any more involvement in any district hiring processes and is to take a class on the dos and don'ts of being a school board member. Nothing to make a fuss about here.

The active involvement of driving down to meet with him is a pretty blatant disregard of the statute. However, involvement happens quite a bit, usually not this blatant or to this level. The most often avenue would be a board member saying to a Superintendent, I'd really like to see so and so hired for this position.

With the board member being your boss, it will get your attention. Wouldn't be surprised if someone from another district where he was supposedly going, fired off the letter to the Office of Educational Accountability. OEA is bound by statute to not reveal who and where the complaint came. Basically I could have done it from here in Covington and they'd have to investigate

Not surprised at all this happened. Mr. Tamme received probably the first step process in discipline for this. It's not right in my opinion, but there are bigger fish to fry in Kentucky's Educational future.