State report says Boyle BOE interfered in Smith's hiring

gchs_uk9

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“The four men drove to Bardstown to meet with Mr. Smith. According to the information provided to the OEA, the discussion during the drive to Bardstown centered on what it would take to get Mr. Smith to return to Boyle County as head football coach. Mr. Tamme participated in the discussion, going so far as to state that he did not care who found out he was participating in the meeting as long as Mr. Smith returned to Boyle County.”

I'm sure he would like to take this statement back now. :lol2:

Assuming Mr Tamme violated this law what are the ramifications ?

Maybe just this? :idunno:

• KRS 160.180(3), eligibility requirements, states that, if after the election, the board member “attempts to influence the hiring of any school employee, except the superintendent of schools or school board attorney … he shall be subject to removal from office pursuant KRS 415.050 and 415.060.”

According to the report, it was deemed that he did violate the statutes, and that he “shall cease participation in any part of the hiring process for Boyle County Schools.”

No.

No it's not Jacob's dad.

Thanks and for the record I met Jacob's dad, loved him!

And maybe this is wrong of me to say but if I was a Boyle Booster (and I am fan of every KY high school football team contrary to popular belief) I would have been of the same mindset as Mr. Tamme.

And... maybe we are going to need some new Chuck Smith Facts.

I don't see this as a big deal. I know the concern over board overreach, and by the letter of the law he was in the wrong. I don't see any intent of malice here, though, and in reality this seems minor. This isn't a case of a board member putting pressure on a principal to hire a political ally, or someone else he doesn't want. The principal, who has the final say in hiring decisions at his school after SBDM makes their recommendations, was in on the meeting and was on board with offering Coach Smith the job. Regardless of who else was there, that is the one vote that counts.

So forgive me if I fail to get worked up over it.