Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State report says Boyle BOE interfered in Smith's hiring

Featured Replies

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Mods, if this should be in a different forum then please put it there. Wasn't sure if this was football or controversial issues or both.

Assuming Mr Tamme violated this law what are the ramifications ?

“The four men drove to Bardstown to meet with Mr. Smith. According to the information provided to the OEA, the discussion during the drive to Bardstown centered on what it would take to get Mr. Smith to return to Boyle County as head football coach. Mr. Tamme participated in the discussion, going so far as to state that he did not care who found out he was participating in the meeting as long as Mr. Smith returned to Boyle County.”

 

I'm sure he would like to take this statement back now. :lol2:

Assuming Mr Tamme violated this law what are the ramifications ?

 

Maybe just this? :idunno:

 

• KRS 160.180(3), eligibility requirements, states that, if after the election, the board member “attempts to influence the hiring of any school employee, except the superintendent of schools or school board attorney … he shall be subject to removal from office pursuant KRS 415.050 and 415.060.”

 

According to the report, it was deemed that he did violate the statutes, and that he “shall cease participation in any part of the hiring process for Boyle County Schools.”

Is that Jacob's dad?

I don't think considering the outcomes (Madison, then not) that conversations took place. One read also reveals who among the participants in the car conversation reported this to the KHSAA :idunno:

  • Author
Is that Jacob's dad?

 

Not sure. There are quite a few Tammes in Boyle County.

I feel like this would be common nature at alot of schools?

Assuming Mr Tamme violated this law what are the ramifications ?

 

Chuck will be joining Ray at Gtown next year.

No.

 

No it's not Jacob's dad.

 

Thanks and for the record I met Jacob's dad, loved him!

 

And maybe this is wrong of me to say but if I was a Boyle Booster (and I am fan of every KY high school football team contrary to popular belief) I would have been of the same mindset as Mr. Tamme.

 

And... maybe we are going to need some new Chuck Smith Facts.

Lose my position on the school board to get Chuck Smith back? Where do I sign up?

I don't see this as a big deal. I know the concern over board overreach, and by the letter of the law he was in the wrong. I don't see any intent of malice here, though, and in reality this seems minor. This isn't a case of a board member putting pressure on a principal to hire a political ally, or someone else he doesn't want. The principal, who has the final say in hiring decisions at his school after SBDM makes their recommendations, was in on the meeting and was on board with offering Coach Smith the job. Regardless of who else was there, that is the one vote that counts.

 

So forgive me if I fail to get worked up over it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.