Who do you want as Kentucky's next coach?

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need a big name coach at UK. We need a coach who can win. Plus no big name coach worth his salt would even entertain coming to UK. Get Jeff Brohm, let the team and program ascend for a few years and then watch Brohm end up at Florida or Georgia next.

I have been singing this song since Rich Brooks left. I said it then they were messing up not opening the search up. They were in a great position, and needed to open it up. They need to at first try to embrace being a stepping stone job for young up and coming coaches who have been successful head coaches at smaller schools like a WKU. Yes would a coach then eventually leave UK for a tradition rich school, yes. However that gets UK back on the right track, and then eventually you get yourself in a good enough shape of a program, to eventually have a coach who may not view it as a stepping stone anymore.

I think Brohm needs to be a guy they seriously consider going after. With that said I do think you have to make calls to guys like Lane Kiffin, Les Miles, and Art Biles about their interest. Get people with previous head coaching experience, not guys with no head coaching experience like Joker and Stoops.

I have been singing this song since Rich Brooks left. I said it then they were messing up not opening the search up. They were in a great position, and needed to open it up. They need to at first try to embrace being a stepping stone job for young up and coming coaches who have been successful head coaches at smaller schools like a WKU. Yes would a coach then eventually leave UK for a tradition rich school, yes. However that gets UK back on the right track, and then eventually you get yourself in a good enough shape of a program, to eventually have a coach who may not view it as a stepping stone anymore.

I think Brohm needs to be a guy they seriously consider going after. With that said I do think you have to make calls to guys like Lane Kiffin, Les Miles, and Art Biles about their interest. Get people with previous head coaching experience, not guys with no head coaching experience like Joker and Stoops.

After debating with you this summer about Stoops I am enjoying this place we are currently at. I agree with all of this now. :lol2:

Until Kentucky starts winning and actually becomes something other than a footnote, they will not get a big name coach like Miles, Saban, etc. etc. I like how Stoops has done with the recruitment but he's been their 4 years, it's time to start putting W in the Win column instead of begging fans to attend games.

I've honestly wanted Mike Leach from the beginning but I don't that will ever happen

We are spinning our wheels here. Stoops would be owed too much to let go I think so we are stuck with the loser until they can afford to let him go.

Unfortunately I think you are right, and this is why the AD should have been fired the day the ink dried on that contract.

I would put every asst coach on notice and if they dont fire Stoops at the end of the season, then clean house with the assistants.

And the difference between Vandy and Kentucky is?

None. Vandy has done that 2 times in how long? Kentucky has won 9 games how many times since 1981?

UK has an SEC all-time record of 171- 399......with a winning record against Arkansas(4-3) and are .500 against Missouri, A&M, and Vandy.