Who do you want as Kentucky's next coach?

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thoughts on the North Dakota State coach?

Klieman is good, just not sure he is a great fit. I am not saying what he has done the past two seasons has been easy, but he took over a machine built by Craig Bohl (Wyoming Head Coach). Klieman is not the most inspiring or charismatic character, but he is still young into his coaching tenure.

From the FCS ranks, I would go with Joe Moglia. He is an out-of-the-box type of inspiration than a program like UK could utilize. I have mentioned Moglia before, but he is an interesting cat. Current Chairman and former CEO of TD Ameritrade. Joe Moglia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Briles is proven and would do a good job. Lane Kiffin is a train wreck as a head coach. Kiffin belongs as a coordinator. He would set back UK even further.

If you wouldn't consider Petrino because of his extra marital issues, you can't hire Kiffin for the same reason can you?

If you wouldn't consider Petrino because of his extra marital issues, you can't hire Kiffin for the same reason can you?

Are you talking about UK? I never said I wouldn't consider Petrino. Kiffin would be a terrible choice. UK needs a proven head coach that knows how to build a program.

Are you talking about UK? I never said I wouldn't consider Petrino. Kiffin would be a terrible choice. UK needs a proven head coach that knows how to build a program.

Not you. UK wouldn't show any interest in Petrino last time for just that reason. I'd suspect they'd give Briles the same treatment.

Not you. UK wouldn't show any interest in Petrino last time for just that reason. I'd suspect they'd give Briles the same treatment.

You are probably right, but I don't know enough about the Briles situation. Petrino had a bad reputation far before his affair. Briles had a strong reputation before he was fired.

I browsed through this thread and someone may have mentioned this already, but I say break the bank and lure Tom Herman away from Houston. He just signed a big deal but in these days, that doesn't matter. You need a young, emerging offensive-minded coach. You have to take a chance and go all in for the next hire, whoever it is.