Who do you want as Kentucky's next coach?

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that if Kentucky was to fire Stoops, it would cost them over 12Mil...I highly doubt Kentucky is gonna do that plus pay another coach that much or more...Looks like we will have Stoops at least through next season...

I do think he needs to get to a bowl game or beat teams like Tenn and UofL or his seat will only get hotter with BBN

There's a GoFundMe page for the Stoops buyout already started. If we all kicked in $20 bucks we can make it happen. If not? another year of Stoops and Eliot.

People has to realize that Kentucky isn't gonna get a powerhouse of a coach like Saban, Miles, Briles or any of them. Briles maybe but that's pushing it. However, Stoops has been at UK for 4 years, he's got rid of Joker's players and the players we have now are all Stoops' so he needs to get UK to a bowl game this seaosn or next, preferably this season...

Just read that if Kentucky was to fire Stoops, it would cost them over 12Mil...I highly doubt Kentucky is gonna do that plus pay another coach that much or more...Looks like we will have Stoops at least through next season...

I do think he needs to get to a bowl game or beat teams like Tenn and UofL or his seat will only get hotter with BBN

don't plan on that

UK football isn't going to attract a big name from a big school; it's just not that type of program, but they can hire a quality coach. The "coach in waiting" phase hurt UK when Brooks stepped down, because that is where UK could have really compiled a list of solid candidates to compete against Joker for the job.

Stoops is a good position coach and DC, his flaw as many HC before him are the assistants around him. When you become an HC you have to make sure there is a mix of veteran and young guys, and it helps to have at least one position coach who has HC or coordinating experience. I think the uncertainty and lack of confidence in some of his assistant hires has caused some of the inconsistency on the field the last couple of years.

The HC also has to know when the right time to move on from a coach, even if he is "your boy".

Look I bleed blue, but UK is a coach killer job, so no way UK gets a good up and comer like Brohm. The same reason he said no to Illinois, he would say no to UK.

Like several on here have said, we would have to take a guy with a lot of baggage like Briles, if we want a proven name. And we would be supremely lucky to get him.

Maybe we could get lucky and catch a guy who just got fired. I would be happy with Rich Rod if that happened, but I doubt he would come.

Or we go with another coordinator, if we're going to do that, I would rather give Stoops at least another year to see if he can figure out how to be a head coach. It's tough to learn the HC job in a Power 5 conference.

Look I bleed blue, but UK is a coach killer job, so no way UK gets a good up and comer like Brohm. The same reason he said no to Illinois, he would say no to UK.

Like several on here have said, we would have to take a guy with a lot of baggage like Briles, if we want a proven name. And we would be supremely lucky to get him.

Maybe we could get lucky and catch a guy who just got fired. I would be happy with Rich Rod if that happened, but I doubt he would come.

Or we go with another coordinator, if we're going to do that, I would rather give Stoops at least another year to see if he can figure out how to be a head coach. It's tough to learn the HC job in a Power 5 conference.

I couldn't disagree more with bold.

In my 41 years, the coaches that I remember being here:

Bill Curry - just isn't a good coach

Hal Mumme - was paying for players

Guy Morris - left to coach Baylor

Rich Brooks - Did a great job and retired

Joker Phillips - not a good head coach

Mark Stoops - so far as shown he isn't very good

So of these coaches which ones career was killed because they coached at UK?